Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, April 11, 2022

Sunday 4-10 Dam Site River Campground

Camping at Dam Site River Campground

The National Weather Service is saying that we may have severe weather the next few days. So we decided to move down off the mountain to the Dam Site River Campground, its below Beaver Lake. We thought it might be a bit more protected. 

We woke up to the temperature in the 50s. It wasn't cold but it was very windy. It got up to 80 degrees. The weather has been very weird because one day we're running the small heater and today we ran the air conditioner.

Hold on tight

 We didn't leave Lost Bridge North until after lunch because we only had to go 21 miles. While waiting I played my computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I did the Event: Two Game Tango of 20 games (10 Klondike and 10 Spider). It took me 1 hour, 19 minutes and 47 seconds, which put me in 8th place in my group. Larry read.

We had a salad for lunch. Then we got the Minnie ready to go.

Just before entering the campground we noticed that five of the seven gates of the dam were open. Yesterday when we hiked by Beaver Lake and it didn't appear to be overfull. Maybe, they're getting ready for the storm. Before we left the campground Larry had written down the sites that were available. One loop was 50 amps with power and water for $26, the other loop was 30 amps with power and no water. The 30 amp loop sites were surrounded by lots of gorgeous pine trees and if they were not predicting severe weather that is where we would have stayed, we decided to stay in the 50 amp loop because there was far less chance of a tree or a branch falling on us. 

Larry reserved the site for a couple of nights and if we have to stay longer it's available until Thursday. Today we used my Senior pass so the site was only $13 per night. After setting the Minnie up we read for a bit.  

I was going to barbecue some chicken but it was too windy. Instead we had rigatoni noodles and tomato sauce. After dinner we went on a walk. We walked to the dam and took pictures of the water being released through the flood gates. There's a few areas along the banks of the river where we saw families fishing. When we got back to the campground Larry went back inside under the air conditioner and read. I continued walking around. I walked to the other loop and walked around it a few times. By the time I got back I had walked an hour and a half. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group for the week. For the week I did 166,327 I missed my goal of 175,000 but that's ok considering we had a day of rain. 

Beaver Lake Dam

We had a great day.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth