Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Friday 4-8 Cold Windy Day


We had a cold windy day. We started the day at 40 degrees with a strong wind. The wind stayed around all day. By 6:00 p.m. it was 51 degrees and the wind went down. The wind stayed down but by 9:00 p.m. the temperature dropped to a brisk 41 degrees, it is supposed to go down to freezing tonight.

We didn't do anything but hang around the Minnie. We kept bundled to keep warm with a book. Larry read a couple of short books. I did my computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I moved on to the Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 25 seconds to complete, which put me in 6th place in my group. 

After playing my games I continued reading the 10th book in the Guido Brunetti series by Donna Leon. About 1:30 I went for an hour walk around the park. Before leaving I put on a lite jacket and a winter coat and gloves to make sure I wouldn't be cold. Today I decided to do the second half of the park that I hadn't done before. While walking I met a gentleman and his dogs and a saw a beautiful woodpecker. By the time I got back I was sweaty, I guess I was over dressed. 

After dinner I went for two walks around the campground for an hour each. On my second walk I met our neighbor and we walked together for a few minutes. By the end of the night I had done 26,000 steps which put me in 7th place in my group. I may not have done all my steps but I got a good cardio workout because I had to go up and down steep hills.

Working out by walking


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth