Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Wednesday 7-5 Boating Dancing and Having Fun

Having Fun

We woke up to some wind but Larry wanted to try out the new wake plate he built so we loaded up the boat. Larry put his plate in the boat and connected the strap to an old vest then he backed the truck to the boat trailer. We loaded ourselves into the truck and off to Rogers Park we went to launch the boat. 

The lake was a little rough. I picked Larry up at the dock and off we went to see if we could find a little better water. I drove all the way to where we usually ski but the water still a bit rough. Larry got into the water and mounted the plate on the side of the boat with the suction cups. While surfing he didn't notice much difference with the new plate so he moved the plate a bit lower and we shortened the rope then he tried it again. When he finished he said it was better with the plate than without but he had hopped to see a bigger difference. He built the plate so that he could set it at a 45 or 30 degree angle, the next time we go out we will try it at the steeper angle.

We rested for a few minutes and then out came the Air Chair. We both air chaired and then we called it a day. We were at the lake for an hour and a half. We had an outstanding day at the lake.




Having fun air chairing down the lake


Crossing the wake on the Air Chair

After lunch I worked on my puzzle until I couldn't keep my eyes open. I took about an hour nap and when I got up I worked out for a half hour with Gold's Gym. While I was doing this Larry started reading a book.

I made an easy dinner of fried potatoes and fresh green beans. In the evening we met up with Louis and went to Allemande Hall to do some A dancing with the TIPS Club using tapes. We had enough people for a square and three extra men. The women switched off to make sure the extra men could dance. We had a super evening dancing with friends.  


Square dancing is fun
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth