Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

9-21 Birthday Celebration


Birthday Celebration
This morning Louise and Autumn came to visit. Technically my birthday isn't until Sunday but we're going to be out of town so we invited Louise out to celebrate today. This was the first time she has been on the lake this year. She usually comes out a few times each year to play on the lake but this year things didn't cooperate. The boat ramps were closed until the middle of July and the wind has been blowing. The jack on the boat trailer has been stiff and making noise so before going to the lake Larry took it apart and lubed it, now it works smooth. While Larry was doing this Louise and Autumn arrived and Larry set up Flo's kennel for Autumn to stay in while we went to the lake. As we were leaving I gave Flo and Autumn a little snack.

Louise water skiing
Me skiing
Larry wake boarding
Me wake boarding
Louise wake boarding
Louise and Larry floating in Lake Belton
Louise and Larry getting ready for lunch
Who gave me what gift. They all look a like.
Autumn and Flo hanging out with us
Opening my gifts
Last night Larry and I were talking about what we were going to have for lunch today. I told him we were going to have Texas Gumbo, it's a frozen prepared dish and needs to be baked for 55 minutes. I needed to check and see if my oven could be programmed to cook the dish while we were at the lake. Larry got the manual out and we found out the oven can be programmed for this, since we had never used this feature I tested it out, it worked perfectly.

Texas Gumbo for lunch
We were at the lake an hour and a half. All three of us water skied and waked boarded and then we floated in the lake. It was gorgeous on the lake, no wind and the lake was flat. You could do what ever water sport you wanted anywhere you wanted to. We had a super time on the lake. When we got back to the house I put the vests, towels and gloves out to dry. Louise went inside and let Autumn out of the kennel, then Flo, Autumn and Louise came out to say hi. While we were getting changed lunch finished cooking. This was great, no waiting for the food to cook. I have made gumbo many times but this was the first time we had purchased it as a frozen, prepared dish. This Texas Gumbo was delicious, it had chicken, sausage, beans, shrimp, rice and spices. After lunch I opened my presents. I received a lot of great gifts. For dessert we had Breyer's Waffle Cone ice cream. I had a wonderful birthday celebration. Thank you, Louise and Autumn.

As Louise was leaving she remembered the bumper cover on her car was loose and sticking out, she asked Larry to look at it. He believes someone might have backed into it or possibly it got caught in a car wash brush. He was able to repair it, he drilled a hole through the lip of the bumper cover and the wheel inner-liner and then used a body clip to screw the two together. Worked perfectly and you can't tell it was ever damaged.

After Louise and Autumn left I laid down and took a nap for a couple of hours. Larry read and took care of Flo while I was napping. By the time I woke up it was time for dinner. I asked Larry what he wanted and he replied salad, so that's what we had for dinner. In the evening we watched YouTube videos and a movie called The Words. It was a 2012 mystery romantic drama starring Dennis Quaid, Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana, it was a good flick. Afterwards we watched a few episodes of TED TV. Last night we watched a series called Mr. Robot and this morning in the local Temple paper there was an article praising the series for being realistic. Weird, we just watched it and the very next morning the paper had an article on it. Before going to bed I worked on my book and played computer games. What a wonderful day it was.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth