Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

9-19 Magnificient Monday


Ready to go to the lake
Got up this morning to a beautiful, calm day and with nothing on our agenda so Larry and I got the boat ready to go to the lake. Flo really wanted to go with us but she can't get in and out of the boat so I gave her a snack and told her we'll see her in a couple of hours. The lake was just right, no wind so I didn't have any problems picking Larry up at the dock. We decided to water ski, didn't have to go too far the entire lake was flat. We idled across the lake and Larry got ready, he didn't ski too hard considering this was only the second time we skied this year. When he finished I got ready and skied. We rested a little bit and then we got out the wake board. This was also the second time we wake boarded this year. When we were loading the boat on the trailer Flo's new friend waved at us and we waved back. As we were wiping down the boat and couple of guys were getting ready to go fishing. We all said hi to each other. We had a marvelous day on the lake. At first I wasn't too thrilled but I'm glad we went.

Larry wake boarding
Wake boarding
After putting the boat away we went into the house and Flo was waiting for us once again at the door. After lunch Larry and I went to the gym for an hour. Today I did the treadmill for 35 minutes and then I did a little Yoga and stretching. I'm real bad about not stretching after my workout. But I didn't feel like doing any weight machines considering we went to the lake. Larry read while I worked out.

Planet Fitness Tee Shirt for joining the gym
 When we got home Larry went back to the project of painting my shoes. He painted on the red stripes. While he was doing this I let Flo outside in the front yard so she could sun. A few minutes later I checked up on her and she was gone. Oh where, oh where, can she be. I told Larry she was gone. He said she is probably on one of the lots next door, she wasn't so I got her leash and went walking to the lake. There she was walking towards the water. As she was walking down the ramp her back end gave out a couple of times. I helped her get to the water consider she was so determined to go for a swim. Once she was in the water she had no problem. I knew there was no way she was going to make it home. I left her swimming and went back to the house to get the car. When I got back to the lake she was still in the water. I was thankful that she hadn't tried to walk home. She had trouble getting back to the ramp so I had to get into the water and guide her back to the ramp. Once at the ramp I drove the car down it to get her. She was so tried I had to help her in the car. When we got home I asked Larry to get her out of the car. She walked into his workroom and laid on the floor to rest. Poor Flo.

The shoe before the red stripe
Taping area that wasn't going to be red
Painting the first coat of red
Red strips on the shoe
What the shoe looked like with the blue and red stripes
 Today Larry painted the red stripes on my shoes. First of all he decided how he was going to stripe them. Then he had to decided how wide he wanted the stripe. Then he taped the area that he didn't want to paint red. He put six coats of red paint on the shoe. In between each coat he dried the paint with his air gun. Then he removed the tape and now the shoes have red stripes. The next step is putting stars on the shoes. The shoes are looking super.

In the evening we met up with Louis and Belinda at Walmart to go to Allemande Hall for our A lessons. We were introduced to three new moves. This was disappointing considering last Thursday Marty introduced us to six moves in an hour and we had two hours tonight. But we're not giving up on our Monday lessons because we need the practice. We were very busy today. 

      






















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth