Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, June 10, 2016

6-9 Waxing the Equinox


Waxing the Equinox
Wow, it's getting hot, the temperature today got up to 95 degrees. I woke up at 8:00 which is earlier than usual for me, I wanted to beat the heat. After breakfast we went outside and waxed the Equinox. In preparation to waxing the car Larry removed the tar and bugs from the car the other day. This morning we sprayed the car with water and dried it to get the dust and dirt off. After doing this Larry got out his polisher and applied wax to the car. While he was doing this I wiped the dried wax off. When we finished Larry cleaned the plastic on both the interior and exterior with a cleaner. It took us about two hours. When we finished it was starting to get hot. The Equinox is now clean and waxed.

Waxing the Equinox
Cleaning the black plastic strip under the doors
Cleaning the interior
Watching Television
After lunch Larry and I went to town to pick up a few things I forgot the other day when we went grocery shopping. We left Flo at home, it was in the 90s and we didn't want to leave her in the car. On the way to the store we stopped by The Home Depot to pick up a couple of lights for the refrigerator and a few more shirt hangers, we like the wooden shirt hangers they sell. At the checkout station the system could not find the hangers, we offered to go and get the price from the aisle but the cashiers talked and said not to worry about it and gave us the hangers for free, very nice of them. In the evening I worked on my puzzle and we watched television. We watched YouTube videos about water skiing, Sky Skiers, Snow Mobiles on water and RV Living. We watched two episodes of American Masters. The first one was Jimi Hendrix, Hear My Train A Coming. It was a documentary about Jimi Hendrix's life. This documentary was very interesting, I have heard about Jimi Hendrix but by watching this documentary I learned a lot more about his life. The second one was Plimpton! starring George Plimpton as himself. George Plimpton was a documentary on George Plimpton, he was a participatory journalist. He tried everything he wrote about even if he was bad at it. I had never heard of George Plimpton so I was curious about it. I enjoyed this documentary very well. We had a super day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth