Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 25, 2016

6-24 Finished my Jigsaw Puzzle

The finished product of The World of Dogs
It has been a long journey doing The World of Dogs jigsaw puzzle but I finally finished it. This was a huge puzzle, 2000 pieces that I started on December 26, 2015, so I have been working on it for about six months, that's a long time. I didn't work on it every day, in fact I didn't work on it for days at a time but I'm excited, I finished it this morning at 2:00. When I finished there were six pieces missing, I looked for them before going to bed, I looked between the refrigerator and the wall no puzzle pieces, I looked under the table I was working on, no pieces, I even looked in the bedroom where I stored it a few times when people came to visit, still no puzzle pieces. After breakfast Larry and I looked around again. I looked under the couch and I found one of them. Then Larry suggested I get a flashlight and look again. I found four more pieces. When I couldn't find the last one Larry got the flashlight and looked under the couch, no luck. Afterwards I asked Larry to help me move the couch. It needed to be vacuumed under it anyways. Once we had the couch out there it was, I was one happy person. Now The World of Dogs jigsaw puzzle is completed. I think I'll keep it together for awhile considering it took me six months to complete it. A couple of weeks ago when Louise came to visit she brought a puzzle from Bits and Pieces called Dog Park, it has 600 pieces. She said I was more than happy to assemble it. She's curious about how long it well take me considering it's in a shape of a dog. This afternoon I got the puzzle out and started to assemble it.

Resting after swimming in Nolan Creek
This morning after I found the missing pieces of puzzle we took Flo swimming at Nolan Creek. We were there about an hour. Flo and I walked around Flo did a lot of sniffing and swimming and Larry read a book. While there a couple of gentlemen mowed the area we were walking. When they were mowing I think they stirred up more dust than they cut grass. But when I was walking Flo back to the car they stopped mowing and turned off their machines until we walked by them so that we wouldn't have to walk through all the dust, very nice of them. One of the workers said he wished he could get his dog to swim but it is scared of the water. We had a wonderful time at Nolan Creek. On the way home we stopped by The UPS Store to get our mail. When we got back to the house it was time for lunch.

Dog Park jigsaw puzzle
After lunch I started to assemble the Dog Park puzzle but I only worked on it about a half hour before I stopped to take a nap. When I finished my nap I went back to working on the puzzle. In the evening we watched television. Last Sunday we watched the first episode of Endeavor's third season but we had forgotten how it ended last season so we were a little lost. Tonight we watched the last episode of the second season. Then we watched an hour show called High Sierra; Journey on the John Muir Trail. This was a documentary about a group of high school students and friends who got together to hike John Muir's 220 mile hiking trail. It talks about their journey on the trail. It was a great documentary. Afterwards I went back to working on the Dog Park puzzle and Larry went back to reading a book he started reading. We had a very nice day.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth