Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

6-27 Swimming, Dancing and Jigsaw Puzzle

Dog Park puzzle finished
This morning we loaded Flo into the car and headed to town. It's been hot and humid so we decided to take Flo for a swim at Nolan Creek. We were there early to beat the heat and only saw a couple of guys swimming in the creek. Flo had a great day of exploring and swimming. By the time we headed back to the car she was exhausted so it took us longer than normal to get back. When Flo gets tried she simply tunes me out and doesn't do what I want her to do so she and I had a couple of fights on which way we're going. Before getting to the car Flo saw a couple of ducks, she attempted chasing them which got her to move a little faster. Larry had finished reading the newspaper and was reading a magazine when we got back. On the way back to the house we stopped by Walmart to pick up a few things. We like the Van-O Lunch Vanilla Creme Cookies made by Lance, you get eight packs of cookies with six cookies in each pack. Larry and I can split a pack whenever we like, this keeps us from opening a box of cookies and eating way too many. Not the most economical way to consume cookies but it does control the portion size. The only place we can get them is Walmart but today we were disappointed, not only did they not have them but it looked like the had discontinued handling any Lance brand of crackers and cookies. I hope we can find them somewhere else. Even though we couldn't buy our cookies we didn't leave empty handed, bought some printer paper.

Nolan Creek

We had a relaxing afternoon. I worked on the Dog Park puzzle and worked out with Just Dance for 45 minutes. Larry read and listened to a few videos, Flo slept. Larry suggested that I work out considering I have not worked out on the Wii Fit for a long time. I really didn't want to but I gave in. I really don't mind working out but when I don't do it for awhile it's hard getting back into it.

My favorite song to dance to What Does a Fox Say
In the evening we met up with Louis, Belinda and her niece Rachel to go to A lessons. We learned three new moves, which was great, only about 10 more moves to finish up A1. Once these are done we still need to learn all the A2 moves, which are another 36 moves. We had a square plus another three dancers. When we got home Flo was waiting for us on the floor by the door. After saying hi to her I worked on the Dog Park puzzle and finished before I went to bed. Kind of funny, the last puzzle was 2000 pieces and very hard, it took almost 6 months to complete, this puzzle was much easier and only 600 pieces, took me about 3 days. I hope not to do anymore that take months to complete.

Square Dancing Lessons
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth