Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

6-21 It’s Hot!!!

 

IMG_0001 (2)

Temperature at our house at 5:00 today

It hasn’t officially broken 100 degrees this year but it is close. Today at 5:00 pm it was 97 degrees and the humidity was 42%. It is hot but I’m glad I’m here in Belton instead of Arizona considering it has already been close to 120 in Phoenix. I’m originally from Tucson and most of our family members are still there. People say it’s not that bad because the humidity is low. But it doesn’t matter how low the humidity is, anything over 100 is still hot.  During the summer we normally spend a lot of time boating on the lake but this year we can’t get on the lake because the boat ramps are closed. We have had a lot of rain and all the lakes in the area are over full and down south people are flooding. I give the U.S. Corps of Engineers and the LCRA (Lower Colorado River Authority) credit for controlling the amount of water being released from the lakes to help relieve some of the pain for people down south.

Belton Lake Dam-001

The dam gate open at Lake Belton

This morning Larry and I went to the dentist for our 6 month cleaning. A few months ago I went to the dentist to get a tooth filled. The location of the cavity was hard to get to but the dentist did a super job. When I was getting my teeth clean this morning my hygienist had a hard time cleaning around it so she took an x-ray on it. The dentist looked at it and found that there was a little decay there. He told me that I needed to come back for him to fill it but it wasn’t an emergency. He’s going to try another approach to fill it. So I’ll go back in August to have this done. On the way home from the dentist we swung by the vet’s office to pick up some more pain pills for Flo. Larry had called them yesterday so the pills were waiting for us. We also stopped by and bought another pepperoni pizza at Little Caesar’s.

Little Caesar Pizza

Our lunch and dinner

The rest of the day we hung around the house. Larry read and I worked on my puzzle I’m getting close to having it finished. Flo had a great day. She is getting off the floor easier than yesterday. She isn’t limping and she has a little more energy. In the evening we watched the television. We watched a movie on Amazon called Like Sunday, Like Rain, it was about a 12-year old cello prodigy, genius, Reggie and an unemployed 23 year old, Eleanor who becomes Reggie’s nannie. We watched the whole movie and weren’t that impressed. The other show we watched was one of the new Amazon Pilots called, The Interesting, it is based on Meg Wolizer’s novel. It was about a group of people who met at camp when they were kids and became friends. They stayed being friends through their adult lives. It had a good concept but the language was bad so it really didn’t impress us. Even through we were disappointed in the programs we watched we still had a great day.

Television  

Watching Television

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth