Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Wednesday 10-26 Dance Day & Landscaping


 Home Projects

We had a wonderful day with a lot of sunshine. The high was in the low 70s.

Back in May of 2020 Larry and I replaced the landscaping timbers on the south side of the house with a block wall. The landscape timbers going around the rest of the house are now also rotting out. Before our trip our mailbox was replaced by Juan, who is the owner of Omega Landscaping. His crew did a great job. Larry called him and asked if he could do the landscaping timbers, Juan and he said he could do it this week.

Juan and his crew came out Monday and started the project. They removed the timbers and the rain came so they called it a day. On Tuesday they started about 8:00 am and didn't leave until 7:00 pm. They worked hard all day and were almost done but they ran out of blocks. They came back this morning and were finished in a couple of hours. 

By the time the project was finished the area was a little larger and looked outstanding. 

 

 Old landscaping timbers

Gravel after the timbers were removed

 

Blocks in front of the porch

 

Digging out the gravel and laying the blocks

The finished project

 

North side of the house

 

The back side and where it was extended

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips with 13 participants. They walked us through moves we were having problems with. I had a great time.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. Larry danced with me. Dayle called five tips, two tips of two couple A1 with 13 participants, two tips of two couple A2 with 16 participants and one four couple tip with 15 participants. We had an outstanding time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour and 15 minutes. Ett called four tips with 22 participants and one tip of a full square with 20 participants. We just danced and she walked us through sequences we were having problems with. I had a fun time.

Fourth was Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. This week Karen Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave Eno call because Dave Hutchinson was busy. Dave called two tips of C1 with 10 participants, Karen and Greg called two tips of A2 together and Dave called one tip of A2 with 10 participants and the last three tips were C1 where all three took turns calling together with 9 participants. It had been over two months since I danced to Dave but I did pretty well. They all helped me by telling me where I should be. Dave introduced us to two C2 moves, which were Bounce, Single Bounce and Kick Off and Cross Kick Off. It was fun learning new moves. I had a great time.  

While I danced Larry continued working on his project.

In between the dances I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I did the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Pyramid). It took me 1 hour, 30 minutes and 19 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group. I played Angry Birds.

After the dance we watched an episode of Doc Martin. After Larry went to bed I watched The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers on Amazon. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth