Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Thursday & Friday 9-29 & 9-30 Two Relaxing Days

No Internet ??

We have reservations for the next six days in Yellowstone National Park at Madison Campground. The park is huge and the only cell service is at the visitor centers, there is no service at the campground. So I'm not sure how often my blog will be updated. It is also suppose to rain the next two days so we are not sure how that will affect our plans. 

 

One of the ranches by Henrys Lake

Thursday 9-29

Today we mostly stayed around our campsite, there are no hiking trails. 

It was cloudy most of the day and windy. In the morning we went on a half hour walk down the main road. Going south the road is dirt and very well packed with no wash board. Yesterday, when we were relaxing in our chairs we heard cows. During our walk we found the cows. Our walk was very nice.

Our neighbors 

 

Another picture of the mountains

In the afternoon I walked the same road for .8 miles and back. The clouds were gone so it got a little warm. After dinner I walked around for a half hour and Larry walked with me for a bit. I just walked around the park. 

In the afternoon Larry put out the solar panels, we had a lot of solar for a couple of hours. It charged our house battery up. 

I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

Friday 9-30

We woke with the temperature of 32 degrees, yesterdays morning temperature was 54 degrees. There was wind all day. It didn't get out of the low 50s.

Larry got up and turned on the heater. While he was waiting for me to get up he watched a few people drive to the boat ramp to launch their boats. By lunch time the trailer area was full. We had a steady flow of people coming and going to the boat ramp.

We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast. The oven heated up the Minnie a bit. Then we went for a 45 minute walk on the main road for 2 miles. We walked the opposite direction than yesterday.

In the afternoon I went for a walk. I walked the main road for a total of 4 miles I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth