Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Saturday 10/22 Playing Games and Having Fun


 

Awesome Day

We had a windy day with a lot of sunshine. It got up to 87 degrees. 

While I was on our trip I didn't play any of my daily Microsoft games. I spent the afternoon catching up on this month's Daily Challenges of Solitaire. I started working on the Daily Challenges of Mahjong. I did the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Free Cell). It took me 44 minutes, which put me in 16th place in my group. I also played Angry Birds.

While I played my games Larry continued on his new project, its going to take him a bit, he's making an electronic pinball machine. He bought a used desktop computer that he updated with new memory, drive and graphics card. He had to install software to run the games and then the games themselves. He has been educating himself via reading websites and watching YouTube videos. The software is very complex and certainly not user friendly. Each game requires manual configuration. He has a few installed and has been playing them. This afternoon I played a couple of them and it was fun.

Putting together this part of the project has taken many days and it has also taken over our dining room table which is where Larry does his crafting. There will be no crafting for quite awhile. Currently he has two computers (one laptop and one desktop) and two monitors along with keyboards, mice, power supplies and lots of cables all on top of the table.

Once he has this piece of the project working he will move on to building a cabinet. We really don't have room for a traditional type of pinball machine so he will be building something a bit different. 

Most people spend more than a year constructing their machines but Larry has the advantage of being retired and being able to learn from lots of folks who have already done this and have been kind enough to document it. Of course each build is different and Larry's will not be quite like anyone else's. 

In the evening we continued watching Lords of the Rings: The Ring of Power on Amazon. Afterwards I finished watching the 7th season of Bergerac. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth