Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, October 28, 2022

Thursday 10/27 Mowing, Dancing, Games and Puzzle

 

Have a great Thursday

We had a great sunny day with the high in the mid 70s.

Greeson Lawn Services has been our mowing company every since we moved into this house. Most years we hire them in the spring while we are traveling, they mow our lawns, weedeat and blow off the porches and driveway. Many years when we return we mow it ourselves during the summer and then hire Greeson again when we travel in the fall. This year we decided to have them take care of the yards all year. The crew does an outstanding job, we have them come every other week and the week they don't come we mow the yards when needed. Today was the last day for the crew to mow until the spring. In the wintertime the yards don't need to be mowed if they do we 'll be around to do the mowing.

Mowing the backyard

 


  All done

We attended Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00 for an hour. He called four two couple tips with 11 participants and one four couple tip with 10 participants. We were one of the two couples so the single dancers pinned us. Dayle is a fantastic caller. He sight calls so when the dancers were in the wrong place he could get them back where they belong. If there are multiple variations of where we should be he usually can fix the problem and get everyone home. We had a super time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

 

Get a partner and dance

Louise gave me a couple of small jigsaw puzzle for my birthday. I haven't put a puzzle together since January. I spend a lot of time playing computer games. I decided to put one of the puzzles together to change up my routine. The puzzle was called Coca Cola, it had a little over 200 pieces. It came in a cool circular canister. The pieces were big so it only took me an hour and a half to assemble it. It was a cute puzzle.

The canister the puzzle came in 

 

The finished puzzle (20" X 16")

I played my computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before I went to bed. After put the puzzle together I did the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 33 minutes and 13 seconds to complete, which put me in 11th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

We watched YouTube videos.

In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called Argentina, 1985. It was originally in Spanish but was translated into English. It was about a team of lawyers, who take on the heads of Argentina's bloody military dictatorship in court. They prosecute them on crimes committed during war time. It was a good movie. Then I watched The Lords of the Ring: The Return of the King. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth