Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Monday 12-25 Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. We celebrated Christmas last Thursday with Louise so our Christmas was pretty quiet. 

In the morning we finished loading up the Minnie for our trip to the Rio Grande Valley. After lunch we put the car on the dolly. Lastly, Larry turned off the water and locked up the house. We were on the road at noon.


Ready to go

We drove about 200 miles before calling it a day. The drive was very nice and the traffic was light but there was still more folks traveling than I would have thought. As we were driving down I35 the IHOP and Jack-In-The-Box restaurants were open and very busy.We traveled I35 to San Marcos, then we took Hwy 123. While driving we saw a few hawks hunting. I was dosing off when Larry woke me to tell me to look out the window. When I did I saw a bison, cow and a calf, I'm not sure if the calf was a bison or cow, either way it was chasing the bison and was very cute. I was glad Larry woke me. We were going to stop in Kenedy but decided to continue on down the road. Thirty miles later we stopped at a truck stop in Three Rivers that we knew was pretty nice. 

As we were driving through the parking lot we noticed that the Subway was open. After setting up for the night we walked over and had dinner there. When we got back I walked around parking lot to get some of my steps in. When I finished I walked over to the Corner Store and got dessert, which was a brownie and a Pumpkin Spice Whoopee Pie. This was our first Pumpkin Spice Whoopee pie and it was delicious.


A Pumpkin Whoopee Pie

The rest of the evening I finished doing my steps, Larry read. As Larry was going to bed his mother, Shirley returned his call. He had called to wish her a Merry Christmas. We had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth