Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Tuesday 12-26 Arrived at the Rio Grande Valley

Gone Camping

Last night I went to bed earlier then usual, 10:30 instead of 1:00. I couldn't keep my eyes open.

We had a good nights sleep even though it was at a truck stop. It is a fairly new and small truck stop, we heard a few trucks come in but that's ok. We woke up to fog, you could barely see the convenience store. I was out of bed by 7:00. Larry and I put things away then we walked over to the store and bought a couple of sausage Kolachis for breakfast. They were delicious. We hoped the fog would lift but it didn't. We were back on the road by 8:00.


The fog we woke up to

We drove 170 miles and arrived at the J-5 RV Park in Mission. The drive was foggy most of the way and at times the visibility wasn't too good. Larry is a great driver so he just took his time. We got there at noon. Donna was in the office and was happy to see us return. She took Larry around in the golf cart to choose a spot for us. We were hoping to get the same spot as last year but it wasn't available. He found one that was just across the street from last year's spot. We have neighbors this year, the neighbors are two ladies with a chihuahua and poodle. 


The welcome sign by the office

J-5 office

While Larry plugged the Minnie into power and connected it to water and sewage I made lunch. The Equinox was filthy due to the fog and the road grunge so down to the car wash we went. The car wash did a super job of cleaning most of the grunge off. We wiped the car down and got the rest off. We vacuumed the car out. Afterwards we drove around to see if anything as changed. We saw a few new stores have opened up and others had gone under.


Getting the Equinox a bath

For dinner I made HEB poppers and green beans. After dinner I walked around the park to get some steps in. While walking around I took pictures of the Christmas decorations. Then at 7:00 I walked down to the hall and played Bingo. There were 12 of us playing. It cost $1.20 per card and I got three cards. The cards were cool, when your number was called you just move a slot over and it turns the number red. I had bingo one time but I didn't realize until it was too late, but a couple rounds later I won $1.35 for a bingo. A few ladies brought snacks; cupcakes, peanut butter marshmallow bars and cookies and coffee was served. I don't drink coffee so I bought a diet coke. Everyone was happy to see me again and welcomed Larry and I back. I had a great time. When I got back I finished getting my steps, I ended up with 15,000. While I was playing bingo Larry stayed home and read. We had a super day.


Our neighbors trailer decorated for Christmas
 
Card we used for bingo


          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth