Pictures From October 2018 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Wednesday 12-27 First Day in The Valley

Meeting up with Friends

Today it drizzled all day and was cold. The temperature dropped as the day went on. It didn't get out of the 40s but it didn't stop us from having fun.
We started the day off by going to the club house at J 5 for coffee and donuts. Every Wednesday and Saturday morning people from the park get together to find out whats happening in the park and to socialize. This morning we and another couple were welcomed back. After going through the different activities names are drawn and door prizes are given out. We enjoy attending these get together's, it gives us a chance to visit and sign up to participate in an event if we're available.

Our first dance was at 10:00 at the Pharr South RV Park. It was an A dance with Darryl Lipscomb. When you sign in for the dance, Decah, Darryl's wife gives you a porker chip that has a number on it. The number is your number through out the dance. The dance is computer operated so before each tip you check your number on the screen to see what square you're in. We had enough people for five squares plus three couples sitting out. Karen Tripp did a couple of line dances in between the square dancing tips. We ended up sitting out the last tip so that I could take pictures. We had a fun time dancing and visiting with people we hadn't seen in about a year.

Karen Tripp cuing the line dancing

Line dancing with friends

Friends square dancing to Darryl

Darryl Lipscomb calling the A dance

Bronc Wise has a DBD dance scheduled for Wednesday's at 4:00 but when we showed up no one was there. When we got back to the Minnie Larry checked the schedule and discovered it wasn't being held this week.  For dinner I heated up some shredded pork from Aldi and we had pork wraps for dinner.

After dinner I walked around the park for an hour to get my steps. Before my walk I put on a jacket because the wind was blowing and it was drizzling. After I walked around for an hour I still hadn't gotten to my goal so I stepped in place. While I was doing this Larry came back from taking a shower, he said the shower felt great considering the water was nice and hot. After I finished doing my steps I walked down to the hall to play games but no one showed up, I figure it was because of the weather. We spent the rest of the night.relaxing, I worked on Sudoku and Larry read. We had a great day with friends.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth