Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 4, 2017

Thursday 8-3 Overcast Skies

Overcast Skies

We woke up to overcast skies but no rain. It sprinkled a few drops here and there through out the day. 

It didn't really rain today so I watered my flowers. The Nasturtiums are a lost cause, they started out slow and at times I thought maybe they were going to take off but now they look like they're finished. The Zinnias I planted on the north side of the planter I think maybe the deer got them considering last weekend when we got back from a weekend trip there were no leaves on them but today when I looked at the stems I saw a few new leaves growing. I planted some Zinnia in the back and they're growing slowly but they look good. The Marigolds are doing the best. Yesterday Larry checked out the flowers and told me that he thought maybe the tallest plant of the Marigolds was going to bloom considering it has a small bud, I checked it out and I also think it just might bloom. It has been 60 days and the package said that it would take between 45 - 60 days. I'm so excited.


Look at the center of plant, there's a little bud

The Marigolds

The Zinnias hanging in there

We decided not to go to the lake considering it was overcast, instead we went to town. I wore my Tevas instead of my tennis shoes so we didn't go for a walk. On the way to town we stopped by Walmart to fill up the car with gas. Then we went to The Home Depot to buy bug killer. The other day we had a few ants in the master bath that we treated with a spray but Larry wants to treat the yard and we didn't have any granules. While there we checked out the weed and feed for the yard, he didn't like the price so we gave it a pass but we did pick up some bug killer. Next stop was Lowe's where we found a great price on the weed and feed so we bought a bag. After doing a few stops we went back to the house.

We spent the rest of the day at the house. I worked on some Sudoku and my puzzle. Larry did a little reading. Then we watched our YouTube videos. For dinner I made a salad for Larry and myself.

In the evening Larry and I went to Sun City to dance A with the Sundancers. Usually our friends Larry and Patrica go with us but tonight they had other plans. We had two squares and a couple extra couples. We had a pleasant surprise when our friends from Marble Falls (Gary and Beverley) came to dance with the group. They knew everyone considering they have been dancing for awhile. The tapes were very complicated and we broke down some and had to figure out the correct moves, very challenging and fun.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth