Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Friday 8-4 A Beautiful Day on Lake Belton



We woke to a beautiful day, there was no wind and the clouds were gone so we got the boat ready to go to the lake. A few weeks ago Larry replaced the gears on the boat jack and when there is weight on the trailer it is a bit difficult cranking it up, before going to the lake Larry made an adjustment on the jack and it helped make it easier for me to put the trailer on and off the truck hitch.

When we were driving to the boat ramp at Roger's Park you could see the lake was smooth. After the boat was launched Larry parked the boat trailer. I put up the bimini and drove to the dock to pick him up, then we cursed to the middle of the lake, we didn't have to go too far considering the lake was like glass. We knew what we were going to do first, without hesitation we got the ski out. Larry and I did a set. We rested a little before we wake boarded. When I pulled Larry up on the wake board he hollered at me and signaled where he wanted me to go. After his set he asked if I was confused on where I was, I thought for a moment and said yes. When I pulled him up I was heading towards an area where there are trees that are slightly underwater and that is why he hollered and wanted me to change direction. Our lake has lots of twists and turns and it is easy to get confused. After wake boarding we floated in the lake. 


Water skiing on Lake Belton

Larry wake boarding

After lunch I did some Sudoku and worked on my puzzle. I worked on it for about an hour and then I took a nap. When I woke up I worked out for an hour and a half with my Wii Fit, Gold's Gym and Just Dance programs. While I was doing this Larry finished a book and started another one. When I finished my workout it was time for dinner. I barbecued some HEB jalapeno cheese and sausage poppers. 

In the evening we watched our YouTube videos and the season finale of The Tunnel on PBS, we really like this series. Then we started a series on Amazon called The Expanse, it's a science fiction series. We watched two episodes and I'm not sure if I like it our not. We had a beautiful day.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth