Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Saturday 12-14 Holiday Celebration in Marble Falls

Having fun with friends

I got up at 7:15 a.m., which is early for me. Last night before I went to bed I took a loaf of bread out of the freezer to rise. It takes between 4 to 8 hours. When I got up it was almost ready. Once the loaf rose an inch above the baking pan I preheated the oven and baked the bread for 22 minutes. While the bread was baking I made apple fritters from the Krusteaz Cinnamon Roll mix. It had a recipe on the back on how to make apple fritters. I have made the fritters before but they have changed the directions. The last time you rolled the dough out and cut it in 1/4" square pieces and mixed it in the apple cinnamon mixture. The directions now indicate to roll the dough in teaspoon size balls and then mix it in the apple cinnamon mixture. Well, I decided to do it the old way because it worked out great that way. It takes an hour longer to prepare but it's well worth it.

Once I put the fritters in the oven to bake the bread was cool so I sliced the loaf. I was going to take the bread with us this afternoon to a celebration in Marble Falls but it fell so we decided to keep it ourselves. When the fritters were done baking and cooled off I removed them from the cupcake holders and put them in a container so they could be transported in the car.

The celebration was at 3:00, because we had 90 miles to go we left the house about 1:00. The celebration started with an A2 square dance to tapes. We had two squares plus an extra person. Two hours later we had a pot luck dinner. We had a couple of jelly salads, green beans, beef Stroganoff, a couple of rice dishes, bread, tea and punch. For dessert we had my apple fritters, a pineapple sheet cake with icing, Bundt cake and peanut brittle. After the meal we exchanged gifts. We played a game by rolling dice. Everyone got a gift and a set of dice. Sharon had a sheet of paper that had a list numbered 1 through 12 and each number had what to do with your gift. Each person rolled the dice and whatever number they rolled Sharon would tell them what to do with their gift. For example you may have to exchange your gift with someone that was wearing red and that person got your gift. We did this two times and it was a lot of fun. We had a super day hanging out with friends and celebrating the Holiday.



Square dancing with friends

Holiday celebration

We got home it was at 9:15. We watched an episode of Boston Legal. Larry checked his e-mail and I finished doing my steps, which was 14,000 steps. When Larry went to bed I finished watching the fourth season of The Heart Guy. I did my daily Solitaire challenges.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth