Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, February 1, 2016

1-31 A Nice Sunday Drive

Border Crossing into Mexico
 Today we decided to go for a Sunday drive. Years ago we use to do a lot of driving around with no particular place in mind, we would simply drive, maybe somewhere new maybe somewhere we had been many times before. I don't know when or why we stopped but it might have related back to when gas got expensive. The Rio Grande Valley runs along the border with Mexico so we drove to the border and wandered along the border and the Rio Grande river until we had worked our way to Mission Tx. We saw the boarder fence that was suppose to keep illegal aliens from crossing into the US. Looked like a poorly executed idea, they spent a whole lot of money building a really tall fence that is not very long and has a number of large openings, I believe the openings are for moving agricultural equipment from field to field. There are lots of agricultural fields, I am not sure what all they grow but it appeared they were growing onions, cabbage and many other green leafy products along with oranges and grapefruits.

In the afternoon I did a little housekeeping and laundry. In a space as small as the Minnie it does not take long before you have to get everything off of the floor and sweep it out. Years ago Larry removed all the carpet and replaced it with vinyl, it is so much better, now I keep the area covered with rugs that I can easily remove and shake out while I sweep. Every once in awhile I will throw them in the laundry. It's was another warm beautiful day in the valley with a little breeze.

We had danced for the last six consecutive days, sometimes multiple times a day and Larry's foot is giving him some trouble so we took the evening off, it also gave me an excuse to watch Downton Abbey and Mercy Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth