Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

7-27 Gaming on the Raspberry PI

Starting New Puzzle
I finished reading Scott Turow's Pleading Guilty Saturday. I thought the book was very well written but it had too many characters and it was hard to keep track of them. Today I started another puzzle called Grandpa's Potting Shed, it has 2000 pieces and is made by Buffalo (they are my favorite). While I was working on the puzzle Larry played with his Raspberry PI, he started working on a new project last week that has proven to be very challenging, he is trying to make a Retro Game Console. He got it working today, he has Pac Man and Donkey Kong on the console. You might remember the games from years ago. After he got them to work we played them for a short while. There are other classic games available, some of them old action games I used to play, Larry got two of them to work, Duke Nukem and Doom, I could spend many hours playing these games again. Of course it might be better to wait for him to finish the project, maybe I won't have to sit on a stool in his workroom.

Pac Man
Donkey Kong
Playing Pac Man
Larry playing a game
In the evening we went to Sun City with Jan, Skip and Belinda to dance with the Sundancers. There were 9 mainstream squares and 6 plus squares. Larry was tired from the weekend so he sat out a couple of tips to rest his feet and I danced one tip with Skip and the other one with Jim a friend from Killeen Kickers. We had a great time.

Our friends square dancing to Brad's calling
Brad getting ready to call a tip
Dancing with Skip
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth