Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

7-13 OOPS!!!

Boating




We haven't put the boat in Belton Lake all summer. All the ramps have been closed caused by too much water from the rain. The Corp of Engineers has been releasing water through the dam for the last two weeks and the water has gone down far enough that they opened up a couple of ramps, by the 17th they're plan to open all the ramps. They opened the ramp by our house but the wind has been so bad we still could not go to the lake. When we woke up this morning it wasn't that windy so we got the boat ready to go. We hitched the boat to the truck and trailered it to the ramp, backed it down the ramp and launched it but when I turned the key it wouldn't start, Oops, I forgot to turn the key to the off position the last time we used it. The boat was floating off the trailer and Larry was starting up the ramp when I got his attention. He backed the trailer back into the lake and asked me to throw him a rope so he could get the boat back on the trailer, I threw the rope but I was pretty far away so he had to swim to get the rope, we were grateful that no one was on the ramp. Once the boat was on the trailer we pulled it up the ramp and wiped it down. I guess we'll try again tomorrow, the battery will be charged and hopefully the wind won't be blowing.

Ruth Ann round dancing by herself at the Sundancers Dance
During the day I worked on my puzzle and Larry played with his Raspberry PI. In the evening we went square dancing with the Sundancers in Sun City. There were eight squares for mainstream and five for plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth