Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

7-21 Flo Swimming in Belton Lake

Fishing off the dock
The wind was down so Larry and I loaded up the boat and headed to Rogers Park. As we were launching the boat I tried to start the boat but it wouldn't turn over a low battery again. This time I hadn't left it on. Larry had to get into the lake to put the boat back on the trailer. At least this time the boat hadn't floated too far. Once back on the trailer we headed back home. Larry put the battery back on the charger and maybe tomorrow we'll try again.

It's been hot, I haven't taken Flo for a swim for a week and she's been wanting to go. So I loaded her into the car and took her to the boat ramp. The lake is still going down slowly but now the walkway to the dock is out of the water. While there she did a lot of swimming and exploring. The lake is higher than usual so she had problems finding a place to get out of the lake. She finally found a place but as she was climbing over the boulders she kept slipping and her back legs were giving out. I tried to help her the best I could. She got almost to the top of the hill when she was too tired to go any farther so she laid down to rest. I thought if I got a towel I could put it on the rocks and this would make it easier for her. While she was resting I went to the car and got a towel. This helped her a lot she made it all the way up the hill to the ramp before she had to rest. I drove the car to her and then I helped her in the car. Poor girl, the next time I take her to the lake I'll have to be more careful.

Swimming in Belton Lake
The walkway to the dock
We don't square dance on Tuesdays so in the evening we watched our PBS shows from Sunday, The Crimson Field and Last Tango in Halifax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth