Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Friday 8-18 Last Day of Boating??

Last day of boating for the season

We're getting ready for our fall trip so today was probably our last day of boating for the year. Larry put fuel additive in the boat. He does this every year considering the boat will sit in the garage with fuel in it until next summer. He wanted to to mix the additive so we went to the lake. On the way to the lake we stopped and filled the boat up with gas. It was a little windy so we just floated and swam. We were at the lake for about an hour and had a fun time. He will finish winterizing the boat when we get home from our trip.

The rest of the day we stayed around the house. Larry added a little more glue to the chair and the only thing left to do is put the seat back on. Larry read while I did my daily challenges and some Sudoku puzzles. I also took my jig saw puzzle apart and put it away. I worked out on my Wii Fit for a half hour. 


The controllers I use when I workout with my Wii Fit

While I was working out Larry called Louise using the Amazon Dot, he simply said "Alexa, call Louise" and her dot let her know someone was calling, to answer you simply say, "Alexa, answer". Calling via the Dot does not work for everyone, it only works for people who have an Echo device and a smart phone connected to a cellular service, once everything is configured you don't need the cell phone. When he called her for some reason it interfered with my Wii Fit. It connected me to the sound bar of the television, which cause the volume to go up and I couldn't use my controllers to do the workout. The Wii itself worked and the program was telling me what to do but the controllers stopped completely. I had to stop the program and start all over again. The controllers started working again and I could continue with my workout. I was a happy woman and Larry could continue talking to Louise through the Alexa device. Both their voices were very clear and they could hear each other. The only problem they had was to figure out how to answer and hang up using the Dot. It worked excellent, now they can call each other using their Dots. Larry was very excited about it working on the first try.

In the evening we watched our YouTube videos. Larry surprised me by buying Rogue One, it is the newest Star Wars movie. We watched it in the evening and it was pretty good. We had a very relaxing day.      



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth