Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, April 22, 2024

Sunday 4/21/24 Hiking, Camping & Relaxing

 

Camping at Lake of the Ozark State Park


We woke up to the temperature in the low 40's. It was great sleeping weather. There was a breeze, which made it seem cooler.

I got up about 7:00 and made breakfast. The other day when we went grocery shopping we picked up a bag of Rhodes Orange Rolls. I made a few of them for breakfast. We like Rhodes cinnamon rolls and we thought they would be the same except they had orange flavored icing instead of the vanilla icing. They were good except they didn't have any cinnamon in them. 

 

Orange Rolls

 

After breakfast we got ready for a hike. We were going to do the same hike as yesterday except hike the trail the opposite direction. We started the hike by the campground Check-in booth. Instead of taking the Fawn's Ridge trail we took the Lakeview trail to the White Oak trail (white connector). Lakeview trail continues down to the lake for a mile. We got onto the connector to Hidden Springs trail. We started hiking the trail the opposite way as yesterday. We had hiked 1.5 miles when one of Larry's knees started to hurt, we decided to turn around and go back. When we got back to Lakeview trail and Fawn's Ridge trail sign. We took Fawn's Ridge trail because it was .3 mile verses .75 mile. We were almost back when we saw a few deer in the trees. This was the only wildlife we saw. We were the only ones hiking today. We ended hiking 2.5 miles. 

 

Hiking trail through the forest


Deer in the trees

When we got home it was too early for lunch so I played my games. I did the Daily Solitaire Challenge and Event. The event was Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 14 minutes and 53 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. 

We spent the rest of the day relaxing with a book.

 

Reading is relaxing

In the afternoon around 3:00 I went for an hour walk around the campground. By the end of the day I did 16,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group for the week with the total of 122,300 steps.

After dinner we walked over and took a shower. The rest of the night we relaxed.  

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth