Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Tuesday 4-2-24 Cold Windy Day!!!!

 

Woodpecker from yesterday at Brush Creek

Last night around 9:30 a front came through. It started with thunder. Then came the rain. Shortly afterwards there was hail. Larry woke up and checked the weather radar to see the intensity and movement of the storm. The hail didn't stay around. Once it was gone Larry went back to bed. The rain stayed around for a little longer.

By morning the storm was gone but the wind stayed. It was in the low 40's and didn't get out of the low 50's. The wind stayed strong for the entire day so we just hung around the Minnie. We stayed indoors under the heater keeping warm. 

It was overcast all day. But at 5:00 the sun did come out for a little while.

We had cinnamon toast crunch mini waffles for breakfast. I played my Daily Solitaire Challenge and the event. It was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 23 minutes and 9 seconds to complete, which put me in 8th place in my group. 

Larry read all day. He finished a book and started another one. He has already read six books. 

I read after I finished my games. I'm working on my second book. I read slower than Larry. 

After lunch Larry filled the fresh water tank. We had to move to another site for tonight because our site was taken. The new site was just next door. We moved from site #6 to site #7. Easy move. 

In the afternoon I took a two hour nap. Then I walked the Wellness Trail for an hour and a half, which was four laps. After dinner I walked the trail for an hour, which was three laps. By the end of the day I had 18,500 steps, which kept me in 1st place in my group. I was surprised considering it was so cold. But once you got going it wasn't too bad. I talked to a family and our neighbor when I was walking. The father of the family did the first station of the Wellness Trail, that had the pull down where you lift yourself. He had no problem doing it. He said it was because he worked construction. I had a very nice walk.

After I finished my walk I went over and took a shower. Then Larry took one. The showers were ok. While Larry was taking a shower I made some Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cookies. This was the first time we had them and they tasted good. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth