Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Monday 4-15-24 Indian Point Trail & Camping

 

Pomme de Terre State Park

We had a hot humid day. It started in the low 60's and got to 84 degrees. There was a cloud covering with little to no breeze.

I got up around 7:00 and made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then we got ready for a hike. Pomme de Terre has one hiking trail, the Indian Point Trail. Indian Point is a 3 mile loop and starts at the entrance to the campground at the amphitheater. It's a moderate trail with a lot of rocks and roots, that go through the trail. It weaves you through a beautiful forest and at times you get a view of Pomme de Terre Lake. As we hiked we saw a couple of small turtles in the trail, the dam, a couple other campgrounds and some wildflowers. We didn't know what type of flowers the purple flowers were so we took a picture. Google told us they were  daylilies. They really didn't look like a lily but I don't know the names of flowers. The first turtle we saw Larry pointed it out. I just looked at it and thought why is Larry pointing out a big rock. I kept looking at it and I finally figured out it was a turtle. While we hiked the trail we had to be careful not to fall when we tripped on a rock. We stopped occasionally to look at the lake. There were a couple of fishermen on the lake. We saw cranes, ducks and geese. As we looped towards the campground Larry tripped but didn't fall. That's where we saw the second turtle. At first he thought he tripped over the turtle but there was a rock right in front of it. Like all turtles when they get scared they put their head and feet in the shell. Both turtles were small and pretty. We had a peaceful hike and we heard the birds chirping away. It was short we were back at the Minnie after 1 hour and 45 minutes.

 

First turtle

 

Daylilies or ditch lilies

 

Pomme de Terre Lake

 

Second turtle

 

Indian Point Trailhead sign

We spent the rest of the day relaxing under the air conditioner with a book. Larry finished one and started another. I continued reading The Blood of my Mother. I did the Daily Solitaire Challenge and event. Today the event was Event: Two Games Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondikes and 5 Spiders). It took me 1 hour, 13 minutes and 50 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. I walked around the campground for an hour. While walking I visited with one of the camp host. By the end of the day I did 18,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.

For dinner we barbecued up some pork chops. They came out good. 

We had another great day.

  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth