Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Saturday 4-13-24 More Hiking on Lakeview Trail & Having Fun

 

Having Fun

We had another gorgeous day. It started out with clear skies until the afternoon clouds blew in. When the clouds came in the wind picked up. The wind was out of the southwest 15 to 25 mph but at times it was stronger. It got up to 82 degrees.

We woke up it was 52 degrees with a lite breeze. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then we got ready to go on a 5 mile hike. We started the hike at 7:50 and were back by 10:15. Our hike was again on the Lakeview Trail. We started from our site and walked the road to the west campground where we picked up the trail. As we walked the park road to the west campground we saw a beautiful woodpecker. We hiked about 2.5 miles and then went back the way we came. It was a great hike but a little more humid then yesterday. It still went through the trees and by the lake. As we hiked the trail we heard the birds enjoying the spring day. We saw a fisherman fishing on the lake. On the way back we said hi to a couple and their dog, the dog was wearing a vest that said don't touch, they said he is not always friendly. We also said hi to a couple of ladies. We had a peaceful hike.

 

Woodpecker

 


Fishing on Stockton Lake

When we got back to the Minnie we relaxed. I made soup for lunch. We spent the rest of the day reading. I did the Daily Solitaire games and the event. The event was Event: Pyramid Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 53 minutes and 23 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group. 

After dinner I walked around the campgrounds for 45 minutes. I ended up doing 19,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group.    

I finished reading Virgil Wander: A Novel by Leif Enger. It was a good book about a small Midwestern town on a quest of revive itself. The book has a lot of humor, the main character, Virgil Wander, is trying to find himself after surviving an accident. Then I asked Larry to chose another book for me. He choose The Blood of My Mother: A Novel by Roccie Hill. 

We had a great day.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth