Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Saturday 4-20-24 Hiking Lake of the Ozark Trails

 

Lake of the Ozark


We woke up to another brisk morning with the temperature in the high 40's with a little breeze.

I crawled out of bed and got dressed at 7:15. Then I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

The trailhead was at the check-in booth, which was right by our site. We started on the Fawns Ridge trail for about .6 mile to the White Oak trail (White Connector). This trail was a .9 mile loop we only hiked half of it to Hidden Springs trail, which is a 2.5 mile loop. After hiking the loop we got back on the White Oak trail. We took the trail back to the Fawns Ridge, which took us back to the campground. The trails were very rocky. They weaved through the trees and up and down hills through creek beds. At times they were very challenging especially when climbing up the hills. We started the hike wearing a jacket but after hiking up a hill the jacket came off. You had to be careful while hiking because there are leaves covering some of the rocks on the trail. We didn't see any wildlife but on the way back we saw a few people hiking the trails. We had a gorgeous 5 mile hike through the trees.

By the time we got back to the Minnie it was time for lunch. We had a salad. After lunch I walked over to the bathroom, along the way I met a couple of small boys. The older one asked how my day was going? I told him it was going great. Then they offered me a piece of their snack. I told them thank you but I had my Life Savers. Their dog is a Great Dame was whining to get attention. Their dad came out to tell it to be quiet. I said hi to the dog and I continued towards the bathroom. It's nice to see young kids not afraid to talk to strangers.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing with a book. Of course I played my Daily Solitaire Challenges and Event. Today the event was Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 35 minutes and 37 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group. 

After playing games I finished reading The Surgeon's Daughter written by Audrey Blake. It was a super book. Larry chose me another book, The Bookbinder by Pip Williams. It about two identical twin sisters and their life in a book binding company and how World War I changed their lives. 

After dinner I went for another walk around the park. Today I took the park road to the boat launch and beach area. The park has a very nice beach area with a bathhouse, a dock, a playground and of course the beach with very nice sand. As I was walking to the beach area I saw deer grazing and bedded down in a grassy area by the trees. People stopped to see them. One gentleman told me to look behind me because there was a group of seven deer following me down the road. They didn't seem scared of people. After walking around the beach area I headed back to our camping loop. I had walked around for 40 minutes. I ended up doing 17,500 steps today, which kept me in 1st place in my group.

 

Bathhouse at the beach

 

The beach area

 

Steps going to the beach from the bathhouse

 

The deer following me on the road


We had another great day at Lake of the Ozark state park.

 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth