Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Saturday 4-6-24 Minnie Project, Reading & Walking

 

Camping at Washington Cove Campground


We had a windy day. The weathermen were correct on the forecast. They predicted winds at 10:00 am and the winds came in about that time. In the afternoon the winds got stronger. It wasn't as smokey because I think the winds blew the smoke out. It wasn't completely gone but at least you could breathe better.

We started the day at 58 degrees and the high was 78 degrees. A rain storm came in around 8:00 pm. But it didn't stay around long. It stopped at 9:00 pm. 

I got up at my new time 7:15 am. We put things away because we were going to Lowe's in Bartlesville. On the way to town we stopped by a donut store for breakfast. Larry bought four donuts. They didn't look too appetizing but they tasted good. We got to Lowe's at 8:00. We parked the Minnie and went inside to buy a piece of wood to replace the support shelf for the water pump in the closet. We knew whatever we found would need to be cut to the length we needed. We found a 3/4 x 8" x 4' piece that was perfect except it was too long, we asked them to cut it to size. The gentleman cut it with no problem. There was a sign where they cut the wood that said they don't cut wood for projects, only to fit in the vehicle. We were glad he cut the small piece. We have had them cut wood previously but it was always large sheets of plywood.

When we got back to the Minnie the project began. Just in case we needed something we didn't have we wanted to do the repair in the parking lot of Lowe's. We again took everything out of the closest. Larry pulled up the floor and removed the old pump. He put a towel to catch the water from the old pump. Then he removed the old shelf. He put a garbage bag in the closest to put the old fiber board in. It was falling apart so he had to put the bag under it to catch the pieces. Next he scrapped the extra fiber board off the surface where the new board was going. Once it was clean he put the cut board in the closest to make sure it fit. It fit perfect. He marked on the board where he needed to drill holes for the screws to install the board. He did not have a drill so he got his Dremel tool out to drill the holes for the screws. He started the generator because he needed power to run the Dremel tool. The Dremel worked excellent. Then we turned off the generator. Larry installed the board. Next step was to install the new pump. He had to screw four screws in the new board to hold the pump. Larry said the screws screwed in easier than he thought they would. Last step was to make sure that the pump worked. It worked great. We waited a little while before we put everything back together, we wanted to be sure we didn't have any leaks. While waiting we put the tools away. The project took about a hour and a half. I helped Larry when I could. It wasn't that often because the space was tight.

 

New water pump

 


New shelf and pump

 

Old water pump

 

Removing old shelf and cleaning area

Before leaving Lowe's we put everything back in the closet. The wind was coming up as we were going back to the campground, which was about 10 miles away.

By the time we got back and plugged the Minnie in it was time for lunch. We had a sandwich for lunch. 

After lunch Larry read and I played my games. I did the Daily Challenge of Solitaire and the event, which was Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 5 games. It took me 8 minutes and 49 seconds, which put me in 18th in my group. Then I read a bit.

About 2:00 I walked around the campground for an hour and after dinner I walked around another hour. While walking I saw a lot of families enjoying the day. People were fishing on the banks of Copan Lake, playing games and sitting around the campfire visiting. 

 

Fishing on Copan Lake

 

By the end of the day I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group. This isn't bad considering I only did 2,000 steps yesterday. To get my weekly challenge of 100,000 steps I need to get 12,000 steps tomorrow.

While I walked around Larry read. When I got back from my evening walk I made cookies for dessert. For dinner we had burritos but I changed them up a little bit by putting enchilada sauce and cheese on them.

 

Beef and Bean Burrito Enchilada Style

 



 Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cookies

We read the rest of the evening. Larry finished his book before he went to bed.

  


 

 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth