Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, April 15, 2024

Sunday 4-14-24 Pomme de Terre State Park & Doing Errands

 

Camping in Missouri

We woke up to temperatures in the low 60's. 

I woke up at 6:45 and got dressed. Then we got ready to leave. We put things away and secured. We were on the road by 7:15. Our next destination was Pomme de Terre State Park. It was about 58 miles away. But we did a few of stops on the way in Bolivar.   

 

Sunrise over Stockton Lake

The drive to Bolivar was a two lane highway with no shoulders. We drove by ranches with horses and cattle. One actually had a donkey. It was a nice drive. 

We have been on the road for three weeks so it was time to do laundry. The first stop was at Bolivar Express Laundry Center.  Larry did a little research on the laundry and found they got great review. The laundry was opened for four years ago and is very clean and well managed. When we arrived a gentleman opened the door for us and a lady greeted us with a beautiful smile. The lady was very friendly and helpful. She saw we had small loads so she suggested we use the smaller machines. She also said the machines can handle being full to the top. The cost for one load was $2.00 and it took 18 minutes. We had two loads. Then when it was time for the clothes to go in the dryer. The lady assisted me again. She asked what temperature I was going to be using. I said warm so she said it would take thirty minutes, which is five quarters. I put six quarters and had 36 minutes. I only needed one dryer. After the washers had been used the lady was there and wiped them down with a clean rag. We had a super experience, I would recommend Bolivar Express Laundry Center if you happen to be in the area and needed a coin laundry. They offer doing laundry for you if you drop it off. There's plenty of parking for rvs.

 

Bolivar Express Laundry Center

Next stop was Walmart to pick up a few items. Larry wasn't sure when was the next time we would be close to a Walmart. 

After putting the groceries away we went to Gum & Go to top off the Minnie's fuel tank. We didn't need fuel but it was easy to get in and out.

Now back on the road. Pomme de Terre State Park was 34 miles from Bolivar. We got there at 11:00 and our site wasn't occupied so we parked the Minnie. We're going to be here a couple nights.

Pomme de Terre is a gorgeous park with a lot of trees and gives you a lot privacy at your site. The only problem is where the bathrooms are located. There was four loops and only one set of bathroom so you have to walk a fair bit to use them. Each site has 50 amp and 30 amp, picnic table under a covered roof and a fire ring. Pomme de Terre State Park is one of five parks on Pomme de Terre Lake. The lake is managed by the Corps of Engineers, the park we are in is a state park. It has 240 sites, hiking trails, fishing, boat ramp, beach, boating and something for everyone.

We spent the day relaxing under the air conditioner because it got to be 83 degrees. Larry finished a book and started another one. I played my daily Solitaire challenge and the event, which was Event: Easy Street Mini of 5 games. It took me 10 minutes and 11 seconds. This put me in 32nd place in my group. I continued reading The Blood of my Mother.

While we were having lunch we was a gorgeous Pileated woodpecker.

 

Pileated woodpecker

Before dinner I walked around for an hour, which was the four loops of the campground. After cooling off I barbecued hamburgers for dinner.

 

Pomme de Terre Lake

 


A Yurt to rent on the lake

 

 


One of the cabins to rent

After dinner when it cooled off a bit around 6:30 we walked around the campground. Larry walked with me for a half hour and then I walked another half hour. By the end of the day I had done 18,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group for the week with 100,050 steps. I was surprised I completed the weekly challenge of 100,000 steps. 

 

Beautiful way to end the day with the sun setting on the lake




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth