Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

11-11 On the Road to Tool

One of the roads to Tool
We got on the road to Tool around 9:00. It takes about 3 hours but we stopped in Corsicana at Walmart, Larry went inside to get eye drops while I made lunch. I put a ham and turkey sandwich together. After lunch we drove on to Tool, about 30 miles. We arrived at Promenade Hall at 12:30. There were people already in the RV area. By the end of day there were 20 campers which left only a few empty spots. We have been attending square dancing at Promenade Hall for three years and this is the most campers we have ever seen. Our friend, Grace said that years ago it use to fill up all the time. We parked the Minnie in our favorite spot and setup for the weekend. Once this was done I took Flo for a walk and Larry visited with friends, we visited for an hour or two. Flo stayed outside with us and visited with her friends. When it was time for dinner I heated up the gumbo. I had to add some water because it was too thick but I think I added a little too much, it still tasted good. The evening dance doesn't start until 8:00 so we had plenty of time to relax.

Larry and I dressed up for Veterans Day
Round dancing to Walter Brewer
More people round dancing
Dancing to Jerry Story calling
Friends having fun dancing to Jerry
Our friend Grace dancing with friends
 During the dance I counted thirteen squares and ten people round dancing. After the dance Jerry called a DBD tip and there were about six squares. Jerry was going to call an A2 tip but there wasn't enough dancers. We had a great time dancing with friends and visiting with them.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth