Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

7-20 It's Official !!!!!!

Officially 100 Degrees in Waco Texas
Officially it got to 100 degrees in Waco but here in our town it was still only 99, however, my thermometer once again indicated 100. On average our area normally hits 100 on July 4th so it was a bit late in coming but I'm certainly not complaining. We average 11 days of 100 or above.

 This morning we loaded Flo into the car and went to town, normally we would have taken her swimming but the last two days she has been having a tough time getting off the floor so we decided it would be best if she didn't strain herself getting in and out of the creek. Our first stop was at HEB to do our weekly grocery shopping. Next we went to The Temple Library to get the first book of Vanessa Michael Munroe series The Informationist. We got there a little before 10:00 and there had to be about 20 people waiting for the library to open. When the doors opened everyone was very courteous to each other so we went through the doors very smoothly. We knew where the book was so it didn't take us but a few minutes. Our last stop was at the storage center to pickup the Minnie and the dolly. On the way home Larry had to stop and get gas and I didn't realize he was at the house until I finished putting the groceries away. By the time I realized he was home he had already put the dolly in the garage and was putting the car in the garage. I normally help him with this, you have to be careful putting the dolly in the garage so that you don't hit anything and then when you park the car you have to be careful to get it in far enough to close the garage door but not hit the dolly.

This weekend is the 28th year of the Stagecoach Roundup, it is a high energy plus/dbd weekend. The event had been held in Salado for 26 years but the venue they used for all those years closed so last year they moved it to Allemande Hall in Waco. This is a three day event, normally we drive back and forth to Allemande Hall but since Saturday has three sessions we will stay in a nearby RV park. Brad Caldwell and Scott Bennett have been doing the calling for a number of years.

Reading is fun
Shopping at HEB
After lunch we went outside to do our weekly yardwork. I was going to only mow the backyard but I decided to do the frontyard also. I told Larry that I was already sweaty so I might as well do both yards. While I mowed Larry weedeated and blew off the driveway. He made reservation at Quail Run RV Park for Friday and Saturday. When I finished mowing I played some computer games until I was too tired so I went and took a nap for an hour. I didn't workout this afternoon considering it took me two hours to mow. After my nap I worked on my puzzle. 
 
HEB Cheddar Jalapeno Sausage Wrap
While we were in HEB we picked up some Cheddar Jalapeno Sausage Wraps so when it was time for dinner I grilled them on the gas grill. They came out excellent. In the evening we decided to stay home and relax. We watched a movie off Amazon called The Shipping News. It was loaded with big name stars; Kevin Spacey, Julianne Moore, Judi Dench and others. It was a drama about a man and his daughter who move back to his ancestral home in Newfoundland. It was a good movie. After the movie Larry read and I worked on my puzzle for a bit before I started reading The Informationist.          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth