Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, December 25, 2015

12-24 Christmas Eve

My Santa and me
Did you know NORAD ( North American Aerospace Defense Command) tracks Santa Claus as he flies around the world? Well they started tracking Santa Claus 60 years ago when a Sears store in Colorado Springs ran a dial Santa add and the number was misprinted. Instead of going to a Sears Santa hotline it went to the NORAD Command center. Colonel Harry Shoup started getting calls from kids wanting to talk to Santa Claus. He didn't want to tell them they had the wrong number instead he told them that he would track where Santa Claus was. He and His team tracked Santa Claus all night long. Today I started to track Santa via NORAD (www.noradsanta.org) , very cool and fun website, it shows you Santa flying over a world map and tells you what city he will be in next and how long until he gets there, it also shows how many presents he delivered (by the end it was over 7 billion). I spent way too much time on this website today.

NORAD tracking Santa Claus
Santa traveling over the Golf of Mexico
Santa flying over the Caribbean Ocean

Santa flying over Central America
In the evening we watched our traditional Christmas movie, The Polar Express. We never get tired of watching the movie. I live with my own Santa Claus so I still believe in Santa Claus. I hope you have your own Santa Claus. After the movie we called Larry's mom, Shirley to wish her a Merry Christmas. We had a great day.

The Polar Express DVD
Calling Shirley to wish her a Merry Christmas 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth