Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, November 29, 2019

Thursday 11-28 Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I'm thankful to all the super friends I have and a wonderful family.

Our friends Robert and Rene invited us to share Thanksgiving with them and some of their friends and family. They live in south Austin, on our way we stopped in Round Rock to pickup Louise. We arrived at Louise's a little early to visit. Louise called Larry yesterday and asked him to bring some tie wraps so she could fix her doll. We thought she was crazy but Larry brought along different sizes of tie wraps and a cutter. She had a doll that one of its legs fell off. The legs were connected to the body with small tie wraps. I decided to fix this. First of all I removed the old tie wrap. Then I tried a small wrap but it wouldn't go around the leg so I tried the next size up and it was perfect. I threaded the tie wrap through the leg hole then I put the leg in the hole. It was hard to pull the tie wrap smaller so I removed the leg. When I pulled the tie tight it was too small. I got another tie the same size and fed it through the hole. This time I kept the leg in the hole and tightened the tie. I had to keep the tie in a groove of the leg but once it was tight the leg was connected to the body. It didn't take that long and Louise was happy.

Larry looked at her security cameras. She was having a problem with one of the tablet/monitors shutting off. The tablet is old and it appears the battery might not be keeping charged. Larry found a bit more powerful charger and hooked it up to that. We will see if that helps or not.

Rene and Robert live about 35 miles from Louise's house. They had asked that everyone arrive somewhere between 12:45 and 1:30 so we left Louise's house around 12:15, we arrived about 1:00. Rene and Robert were happy to see us and to meet Louise. Every year Rene invites friends and family to their home to celebrate Thanksgiving. This year there were 20 people. Recently they moved into a new house and it was perfect for a large gathering, they have a huge dining room and were able to pull table together and sit everyone at one really long table. There was a lot of food. We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetable trays with pickles, olives and other vegetables, dressing, yams, peas and corn, three different types of cranberries, bread and rolls. For dessert we had apple pie, cherry pie, pecan pie, chocolate oatmeal pie and a pecan sauce, mincemeat pie and cookies. I probably forgot something. Everything was delicious. She had a lot of food leftover and told everyone to take some food home because there was way too much for Robert and her. We had a fabulous day celebrating Thanksgiving with friends.


Enjoying Thanksgiving with family and friends

After a big Thanksgiving feast with friends and family we spent the evening watching television. We watched a movie called Ladies in Black off our new Fire TV. The movie was an Australian movie about a group of department store workers in Sidney in the 1959. It was a comedy drama. I liked it very much. Afterwards we watched some YouTube videos. I started watching the first season of Bones.


Relaxing in front of the television
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth