Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, December 20, 2015

12-19 I love Surprise's!!!!

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!!!!
This morning we went to town to walk through Belton Market Days but it wasn't going on. We were surprised considering it's the week before Christmas. We know that Belton Market Days are usually the first Saturday of the month but we thought they were having a special one this week. Actually worked out well, gave us an excuse to get out of the house. When we got back to the house we had lunch. It was a gorgeous day so I took Flo for a walk around the neighborhood. During our walk Flo met a new friend, it looked like a West Highland White Terrier. She came barking at Flo but when Flo got close it ran barking back to her home. We walked for a half hour and by the time we got home Flo was limping a little. Flo had a great walk. After resting a little I worked out with Just Dance for an hour.

This is what Flo's new friend looked like
In the evening we were sitting around the house and I was dozing when Larry got up to change clothes. I asked him where he was going but he wouldn't answer. He never goes anywhere without me so I changed clothes. I asked him if Flo was going with us, nope, she had to stay home. She was tired so she didn't care. Off to town we went, I didn't know where nor did I care. We drove around downtown Temple and looked at the Christmas lights. Then we went to the Cultural Activities Center in Temple. When we were driving in the parking lot I asked if we were going to the Roller Derby game. He said he didn't think they were playing at this time of the year. Then I read a sign that said Dale Watson was going to be there, Larry said yes he was and there is his bus. What a surprise I didn't even know that he had bought tickets. We saw Dale Watson in concert last year and he was really good. Tonight he put on another great performance, he sang mainly Christmas songs but during the second half he sang some of his own country songs. While there we walked through the gallery and looked at the fantastic glass art exhibits made by the students of the Cultural Activities Center. Some of the students have great talent. We had a super evening listening to Dale Watson.

Dal Watson and his band
Mike Bernal Dale Watson's drummer
Chris Crepps Dale Watson's Upright Bass player
Dale Watson
Mike Bernal, Dale Watson and Don Pawlak the Pedal Steel player
I had a great day of surprises.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth