Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, December 13, 2015

12-12 Denim and Lace Christmas Dance

Graduation and Toys for Tots Dance
This morning I woke up not feeling very well, my head was pounding and my stomach was acting up. I felt good enough to go to the UPS Store to mail a Christmas gift to Tucson and pick up our mail then a quick stop at Walmart to pick up a few things. We usually try to avoid Walmart and HEB on the weekend because they're very busy but it was early so it wasn't bad. After lunch I still wasn't feeling well so I went and laid down for a couple of hours. 

Yesterday, Flo decided she wanted to go for a walk. I had let her outside and she was laying on the back porch. I was busy decorating the tree and didn't realized she had left the porch. She hadn't barked to come in so I decided to look for her. Down the street I went towards the lake looking for her, Larry joined in the hunt. He got the car and picked me up, then we went to the boat ramp. There she was, slowly walking down the middle of the road towards the water but she was distracted by a couple of dogs. The master was holding the leash and looked a little worried when we showed up. Flo can't hear too well so she was surprised to see us. She was tired and she really wanted to play with the dogs so it took us a little while to get her in the car. Once she was in the car we took her home. Well, today I decided to take her to the lake and it is really too far for her to walk there and back so I loaded her in the car. When we got there we were surprised that there were a few cars considering it was drizzling. The lake is over full and it was white capping so Flo waded into the lake until she got wet all the way up to her belly. We walked around the parking lot and she said hi to a few people. We were there about a half hour. She had a great time.

A couple of student doing the right and left grand
Dennis Camp calling the dance
Louis and Judy doing the right and left grand
Our friends thanking each other at the end of a tip
Jim courtesy turning one of the graduates
In the evening Larry and I went to Bruceville Eddy to square dance with the Denim and Lace Club. They were having their Graduation Dance combined with their Toys for Tots Dance. There were three squares and a lot of desserts. Dennis Camp is their caller and he only does mainstream tips. It was a nice dance and we enjoyed visiting with our friends.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth