Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, April 8, 2019

Sunday 4-7 Rainy Day



We woke up to rain. It was coming down steady and at times hard. It was the last day for Jim Haynes weekend. I packed up our clothes and filled the ice chest with ice. Then we went downstairs to have breakfast. The breakfast area was very small, it had three tables with four chairs at each one. For breakfast they offered cereal (Frosted Flake or Raisin Bran), Big Texas pastry, orange and apple juice, toast, coffee and Belgium waffles. We decided on the waffles.
When we got ready to leave it was still raining, Larry held the umbrella while I got everything into the car. We were sitting in the car getting ready to head to the dance, it was raining and miserable, Larry asked if I wanted to go to the dance or go home, I decided to go home. There was a C1 dance this morning and we need the floor time but it was nasty and getting through Austin in the rain would be easier the earlier we got there. It rained all the way home. We were hoping to take I35 all the way but one of the electronic signs said I35 was closed at Rundburg so we took the toll road. There was very little traffic on the toll road but I35 north of Georgetown was really busy. We were home by noon.
We had an outstanding weekend dancing to Bill Haynes and friends.
In the afternoon we caught up with our YouTube videos and the GizWiz. I unpacked our clothes and did a couple of loads of laundry.
After dinner we watched a couple of episodes of Call the Midwife eighth season. Then we watched an episode of Poirot. When Larry went to bed I started the second season of Murphy's Law and House.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth