Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Saturday 6-16 Baking Homemade Cookies

Baking Homemade Cookies

Larry has been playing with the Fire Tablet for the last few days, he thought it would be fun to try one of the cookies recipes out. When I bake desserts I normally purchase a box mix, if I am baking cookies I usually purchase the break and bake cookies. We looked through the cookie recipes on the Fire and decided on oatmeal peanut butter. I haven't baked homemade cookies in a long time so I didn't have all the ingredients. We did not have: peanut butter, baking soda or oatmeal so off to HEB we went.

Doing a little grocery shopping

The recipe made 48 cookies. We did not want that many so I cut the recipe in quarters. The recipe called for shortening but I substituted butter. Before getting started Larry read some of the recipe's reviews and found some people said the cookies came out a little flat. One lady wrote that this could be caused by the cookie sheet being too warm or the butter being too soft. Lately I have been baking cookies on a cast iron pizza pan and have been having good luck but today I decided to use a cookie sheet. I mixed the ingredients and baked the cookies for 15 minutes using the countdown timer on the Fire Tablet. The cookies came out flat but tasted delicious. I think maybe the next time I will use less butter and cook them on the pizza pan to see if they come out looking better. I had fun making the homemade cookies.


Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

In the evening we watched an Amazon movie called An Inspector Calls. It was a British movie and was very good. Then we started an Amazon series called Case Histories, it is about an ex-police office being hired out as a private investigator. It is good so far. 

We had a super day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth