Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Wednesday 6-7 I'm Excited

Let's get excited
Why am I excited? Well, it all started when we got a planter from the Seeds Program. We installed the planter and then the weather turned bad. When the weather cleared up we were busy doing other things so we didn't get around to planting anything. This morning when we woke up the sun was shining and there was a little breeze, perfect to plant flowers in the planter. I'm excited because I have never planted flowers before or had a garden. Well, this meant we needed to get some supplies to do the project.

Larry and I went to town. The first stop was at Mister Car Wash to get the truck a bath. The truck wasn't that dirty but it was dusty from sitting in the garage. After the truck got a bath we wiped it down and vacuumed it out.

The next stop was Walmart to get potting soil for planting, we picked up six bags of Earthgro Potting Soil. We walked around the gardening area looking for flower seeds and finally asked one of the workers, she said they had recently taken the rack and the seeds away because it's so late in the season. While there we looked at what type of silk flowers they had. We didn't find anything I wanted.

After leaving Walmart we stopped by Michael's to see what they had for silk flowers. We found some flowers we liked so we bought them.

The Home Depot is in the same shopping center as Michael's so we walked over to see what they had to offer in flower seeds. We found a few packs of flower seeds that can be planted this time of the year (Zinnia, Marigold, Nasturtium and Annual Cut Flower Mixture). They are all annual flowers.

While we were in town we decided to do our weekly grocery shopping at HEB. After doing our shopping we went home. 


Grocery Shopping


Once at home I put the groceries away and then made lunch. By the time we finished lunch it was 95 degrees outside. Larry was teasing me about planting flowers. I surprised him by saying ok, I'll go outside and plant the flowers. He said isn't it too hot. I told him it would be ok because I would be working in the shade. 

The first thing we did was drive the truck to the backyard so we wouldn't have to carry the bags of soil too far. We unloaded the soil and spread it in the planter. We only had to use four bags so we have two left over. That was ok considering we can always use dirt. I have never had a garden or planted flower so I didn't know exactly how to plant the seeds. Larry explained what his family did when they had a garden when he was younger. So he made a few small trenches and put water in it. Then I put the seeds in the trenches one by one. I had fun doing this. I only used three packs of the seeds. The trench in the front of the planter I planted Nasturtiums, which takes 32-40 days to grow. The trench on the north side of the planter I planted Zinnias, which takes 60-70 days to grow. The trench on the south side I planted Marigolds, which takes 45-60 days to grow. I had Larry put a couple of trenches in the back where I planted the rest of the Marigolds seeds and Nasturtiums seeds. After planting the flower seeds Larry watered the area. Hopefully, we will get some flowers in a month or so.

Potting Soil we used

The flower seeds we planted

Instant flowers

Larry spreading the soil

Larry watering the seeds

After planting the flowers Larry worked on another project, which was to make an adapter for the Mobley. I worked on my puzzle and a worked out with my Wii Fit. My workout was short due to a problem with my Wii Fit. 

I have been using the Wii since 2008 and have never gotten bored with it. For the last week or so while I was working out the Wii would stop reading the disc I was using. A few seconds later it would start up again. Last night when I decided to workout on the Wii the problem was worse the Wii wouldn't restart. I gave up and tried to turn it off but it wouldn't turn off, I told Larry about it. This morning he got the manual and did what it suggested to do. When I got up he told me I was back in business. This afternoon I tried working out on the Wii with my Wii Fit program. I programmed the Wii to do a program for a half hour and half way through it the Wii crashed so I had to reboot it and then I tried it once again, I was half way through the workout when it crashed again. I told Larry that I might have worn out my Wii. They don't make them anymore so Larry got on Craig's List to see if there were any Wii's available. He found one and e-mailed them to see if it was still available. Now we just need to wait for a response. He found a few more if this one doesn't work out.

In the evening we watched YouTube videos and GizWiz. We listened to Pandora until it was time to go to bed. We had a very exciting day.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth