Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Tuesday 6-13 Just Another Day

Just Another Wonderful Day

We had another wonderful day.

We started the day out watering the flowers. Larry asked if I wanted to go to the lake and I told him no, for some reason I just couldn't get motivated to do anything

After buying the first Amazon Dot (Alexa) and having so much fun with it we bought a second one. Now we have one in the living room and one in Larry's workroom. For a bit we had the second one in the kitchen but sometimes when we give one a command the other one would hear it and things could get confusing. When I cook I use Alexa all the time for setting timers, I would say "Alexa: set a biscuit timer for 12 minutes" and one of the Dots would set the timer, later I would ask "Alexa: how much time is left on the timer", if the Dot that did not set the timer heard me first it would say there were no timers set so I would have to try and be sure the Dot that set the timer was also the Dot that answered my question. After moving the one from the kitchen to the workroom they work a lot better. We have bought wall plugs so Alexa can turn on and off the lamp and fan. We have bought switches for the lights so Alexa could turn on and off the lights in the kitchen and other areas. Larry is having a ball playing with both Dots.

Yesterday I mentioned we went to The Home Depot and picked up a few things, we got a few new light switches and wall plates so Larry's could add Alexa switches in the living room. The first thing Larry had to do was figure out how the three way switch to the ceiling fan light was wired. He took off the plates and using a volt meter got it figured out. He then removed the switches and replaced them with a combination of Alexa switches and a new one from Home Depot. He then programmed Alexa to turn on and off the ceiling fan and its light and the desk light. Now we have Alexa turning on and off the lights in the kitchen and living room on command. There is so much you can do with the Alexa, it is so cool. We can even turn off all the lights at the same time by simply saying "Alexa: turn off all the lights".

After lunch I worked out on my Wii Fit for forty-five minutes and with Gold Gyms for a half hour. When I started my workout with Gold Gym I had to register on the program and start at the very beginning. I had fun.

In the evening we watched YouTube videos and a two hour episode of American Epic. The American Epic is a series on PBS about early music in the United States. Tonight we watched the episode about the first recording machine they used in the 1920's. There is only two of the machines left in the United States and only one of them work. They invited different singers into the studio to record on the machine. It was very interesting to learn about the history of the recorder and how it works. Then I worked on my puzzle and did my daily challenges. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth