Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Friday 6-23 Homemade Pizza

A hot day in Belton

Today it officially hit 100 degrees, at our house it got to 102 degrees but we kept cool by staying in under the air conditioner most of the day.

In the morning we went to town to do our weekly grocery shopping. While doing this Larry received an e-mail saying a package was delivered at The UPS Store. After we finished our shopping we swung by to pickup our mail and package. Larry was pleasantly surprised, there were three packages waiting for us, all from The Home Depot Seeds Program. We have received four products from the program this month and we have one more coming.

When we got home I put the groceries away and made lunch. After lunch I laid down for a couple of hours. Larry worked on playing and writing reviews on the products we received. Two of the products were security cameras. They were easy to review considering he has previously reviewed security cameras and these two cameras are the same except one is black and the other one white. The third product was a pizza spatula that we tested at dinnertime.

The white Geeni Security Camera

The black Geeni Security Camera

After my nap I worked out for an hour with my Wii Fit, half of the time was on Just Dance. By the time I finished it was time for dinner.


Workout on the Wii Fit

I've been meaning to make a homemade pizza for a while. I had all the ingredients but I never made time to do so. Well, today was the day considering we received the pizza spatula. First I started the gas grill up, while it was getting to temperature I made the crust using a package of Betty Crocker pizza crust. I pressed the pizza dough on a cast iron pizza pan, next I spread pizza sauce on it, covered it with mozzarella cheese and then pepperoni. While I was doing this Larry took care of the grill to make sure it got to temperature. Once I was finished Larry put the pizza on the grill and I set a timer for 12 minutes using Alexa, I use Alexa all the time when I cook. While the pizza was cooking Larry kept the temperature where it should be. When the pizza was done we removed it from the pizza pan by using the pizza spatula and a smaller spatula. The pizza came out good.


The pizza before it was cooked

The pizza spatula to reveiw 

Removing the pizza from pan using the spatula

The finished pizza

In the evening I baked chocolate chip cookies on the pizza pan. Once again I used Alexa for the cookie timer. We watched our YouTube videos and three episodes of Fortitude. We had a very good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth