Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Monday 9-4-23 Happy Labor Day & Rainy Day

 

 

I hope you had a great labor day.

We spent most of the day sitting in the Walmart parking lot in Heber City. It rained through the night and morning. Sometimes it was hard and steady and other times it sprinkled. Larry kept watching the weather hoping it would clear enough for us to move on. 

I kept busy playing my Solitaire Event, which was Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. I played it for almost four hours and only completed 29 of them so I gave up. I also worked on my Sum0 Sudoku puzzle. I'm very close to being finished. I didn't play the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. 

About 2:00 the rain had stopped and the two applications Larry was watching said the rain was gone. We got the Minnie ready to go down the road. While waiting for the rain to stop Larry had planned where we were going next. He said he either could drive two hours to another Walmart or four hours to a Walmart. He decided he would drive the two hours. The Walmart was located in Perry UT, which about 100 hundred miles away. 

The drive to Perry would have been very pretty if it wasn't raining. The highway was through a very nice mountain range. As we drove we saw a small herd of bisons with calves, that someone was raising. We saw a lot of ranges with cattle and horses. Some of the horses had a baby. We had a 10 minute delay because of road construction where the road was a single lane and no passing lanes. We weren't completely stopped during the delay. The roads were wet and the rain was still in the mountain pass. Larry is always very patient. The construction went for a long ways, I don't how long but it was miles. Once out of the construction area traffic flowed faster. Traffic was a little heavy because people were going home after a three day weekend. 

When we got to Perry we stopped at a Maverick and filled the Minnie with gas. While there we saw that it had fresh water so in the morning we'll go back and fill the Minnie. The Maverick was too busy today. After filling the Minnie we went to the Walmart, which was just down the road a block or two. We had no problem finding a place to park. 

After setting up for the night we walked over to Walmart because I wanted a couple new rugs for the Minnie. We put rugs on the floor because in the morning sometimes the floor would be cold. Before going to Walmart Larry measured the width of the old ones so we could get the right size. We found a couple nice ones and they fit perfect and look good.

One of the new rugs

After buying the rugs it was time for dinner. There is a lot of fast food close by and a Sonic across the road. There was also a couple of restaurants. We decided to go to Costa  Vida (Fresh Mexican Grill). Costa Vida is setup like Chipotle. You give them your order, walk through the line of food and tell them what you want on order. We decided to have the nachos. We got to choose what type of beans, meat and cheese we wanted on it. The meat we choose was the sweet pork. They made your order fresh in front of you. The nachos were in a big tin pan and the sides were salsa, sour cream, cheese sauce and guacamole. The workers were friendly and the food was delicious. 


Our nachos
 
After dinner I walked around the Walmart parking lot. As I walked I took pictures of the mountains, the charging station for automobiles. I ended up doing 10,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group. Last week I came in 6th place. 

Charging station at Walmart

 

The mountain range at Perry




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth