Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Monday 9-11-23 Margaret McKenny Campground

 

Margaret McKenny Campground

Larry woke up at his normal time, which was 6:00 and decided to go over and take a shower. He wasn't gone long the hot water was turned off and wouldn't be on until 7:30. This was the first time we have had a park turn off the hot water. I crawled out of bed about 6:30. I made mini waffles for breakfast.

We didn't have too far to go about 10 miles down the road. While waiting to leave Larry read. 

I worked on my Sudoku puzzles. Saturday I finished doing Sumo Sudoku, which was 13 puzzles stacked together. Then I started and finished Triple Doku, which had three puzzles staggered together. Sunday I started and finished Samurai Sudoku, which was five puzzles intertwined with each other. Today I did Sudoku X, which is a regular Sudoku puzzle with a shaded x in the middle of it. Then I started Shogun Sudoku, which is 11 puzzles in one. Loren Smith, one of the callers I dance virtually to give us the 10 Sudoku puzzles and each one was different and challenging. So far there is one I'm having problems solving, which is Super Sudoku. It has numbers and letter mixed in the puzzle. I'll get back to it at the end. I'm having a lot of fun doing the Sudoku games because they are challenging and I don't have the answers.

Sumo Sudoku

Triple Sudoku

Samurai Sudoku

Sudoku X

Shogun Sudoku

Larry tried the showers about 8:30 and they were still cold. One of the park rangers showed up so Larry talked to him. He tried the shower and agreed something was wrong. He went to the office and reported it. He came back a little later as I was walking out of the lady's bathroom. He asked if the hot water was on. I told him no. He tried re-setting the breaker and this fixed the problem. I thanked him and went over a few minutes later but the showers were being used. I finally took a shower about 10:00. When it was time for lunch I made soup.

After lunch we got the Minnie ready to go. We put everything down and secure. Larry unplugged the Minnie while I took the trash to the dumpster. He started the Minnie and came and picked me up because I got to talking to one of the local campers and he thought we would never get going. We were on the road by 11:30.

The drive was beautiful. We saw a lot of trees. The new campground was Margaret McKenny and was located in the Capitol State Forest. Because we bought the Discovery pass it is free camping. It is in the forest so there is no power and the bathrooms are vault toilets with no water. As we were driving through the campground we stopped and talked to the host. He told us about the facility and the hiking trails. He had been the camp host for seven years. 

One of the YouTube folks we follow has stayed at this campground many times, he says it is his favorite campground. Since we were traveling right by we thought we would give it a try.

It a pretty campground and has four small loops. One of them is for horses and if you want to stay in that loop you need to let the host know so he could unlock the gate. There are only a few campers. We found a great site. All the sites have a fire ring but you can't have a fire because of the drought. Our site is level and surrounded by trees. We setup the Minnie for a couple of nights.

One of the horse sites

We did a couple of walks, each walk was about 20 minutes. We barbecued sausage patties for dinner. I ended up doing 11,000 steps. 

We spent most of the day relaxing tomorrow we'll do a hike. We're just having fun exploring Washington State. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth