Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Saturday 9-2-23 Hiking Trails & Camping

 

Camping and having fun

We woke up to 48 degrees and the high got into the low 70s. The weather was a little weird because in the afternoon the clouds rolled in and the wind picked up and we thought it was going to rain. Then the clouds went away and we didn't get any rain.

We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Afterwards we went on a 4.5 mile hike. Today's hike was a little different because we hiked part of trails (Turquoise Lake, Rift and Fallen Trees). We did add another trail, which was Lateral. It was a short .5 mile. We weren't sure how busy the trails were going to be because it is Labor Day holiday weekend. While we were hiking we saw a couple of guys using a chain saw to cut up the downed trees for firewood. We're in the National Forest so they are allowed to. At that area we saw a doe trying to keep her distance from them. Then she saw us and watched us. She figured we weren't a threat so she let us go by her. She followed us for a little bit. We saw a few squirrels and chipmunks. We saw a couple of bikers while hiking rift trail. We noticed some of the fallen trees might have been caused by wind and not fire. The trees looked like they were uprooted instead of burnt. As we hiked the Turquoise Lake trail we saw a few more bikers and a bunch of hikers. The lake was getting busy with people fishing, kayaking, stand up boarding, kids playing in the water and other people soaking up the sun. It was very nice watching people just having fun. We had a super hike.

Our new friend

 

A squirrel having breakfast

 


 A lean-too that someone built on the trail

Larry read another book and I played games. I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I started the event, which was Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 15 games. I got stuck on one of the three Tri Peaks. I just couldn't solve it. I worked on the event for 1 hour, 9 minutes and 44 seconds before giving up. 

Then I worked on Sudoku. I worked on the Super Sudoku for days and I have erased the numbers and letters many times. Last night I finally gave up for a little while and started another Sudoku puzzle called Sum0 Sudoku. I'm almost finished with it and I'm having more fun solving this one.

Larry spent the afternoon enjoying the site and weather until the clouds rolled in. He got cold so he came inside. We spent the rest of the day indoors.

When the clouds rolled out we barbecued sausages for dinner. We decided that we would move on tomorrow if the weather permits. Larry bagged the chairs and took down solar panels down and bagged them. 

After dinner I walked around for 45 minutes to get my steps. I ended up doing 19,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group. While I was walking I stopped and thanked the host (Kelly and her husband) for all their hard work and told them we were going to leave in the morning. 

We had a super week at Matchless Campground and now it's time to move on. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth