Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Monday 9-25-23 It's My 67th Birthday

 

It's my birthday. 

I woke up about 7:00, I thought it was later. I crawled out of bed and for breakfast we had some more of my birthday bread. It was still raining. The rain was suppose to stay around all day. We hung around the house and read.

About noon the rain stopped so Larry and I went for walk. We paid for another night. Then we walked to the day area and Waterloo falls. The day area was very nice. It had picnic tables on both sides of the road. One side had the falls, not really falls, more like rapids. We walked down a hill to see them. They were very nice and the river was flowing fast because of the rain we are having. On the other side the park had a restroom and playground. The city hall was a small shed but cute. By the city hall there were three fruit trees. One was pear and the other two were apples, each tree was a different variety. There were lots of pears on the ground but it took a bit to find one on the tree, using our umbrella Larry was able to get it to fall. There were a lot of apples on the tree but most of them were too high to reach. Larry used the umbrella to pick a few. On the way back we walked to where the trail sign was and decided to hike the trail. The trail went through the trees and wasn't too muddy. Part of the trail was part of the disc golf course. The trail started by the day area and went to the B Loop of the campground. It was a nice trail and very easy to hike. It was flat. By the time we got back to the Minnie we walked around 2 miles.

Welcome sign

 

Waterloo Falls

 

Fresh apples and a pear

 

Apple tree

 

South Santiam River

Waterloo park campground is very nice and well kept up. The road through the campground is a paved one way road. It has a lot of trees. There weren't a lot of campers so it was very quiet. 

The rain came back at 3:00. It rained on and off the rest of the day. That's ok we have plenty of books to read on our Kindles. I finished reading Don't Forget to Write by Sara Goodman Confino. It took place in 1960, a young woman finds her way through her great-aunt. It was a cute romantic novel. Then I asked Larry to choose another book. He choose Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather. It takes place in the 1800's. Larry finished a book and started another one. I always ask Larry to choose a book for me to read, since he reviews and rates everything he reads I always get a good book. It was a great day for relaxing with a good book.

Relaxing with a good book

I ended up doing 6,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group. I think this is pretty good considering it rained. 

I had a great birthday.

    

 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth