Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Friday 9-1-23 New Month & Relaxing Day


It's September 1st and pretty soon it will be fall. I hope the temperatures in Texas will drop down to normal high temperatures. Looking at the weather app it is still going to be 100 degrees for awhile. We're in Colorado and the high is mid 70's and lows are in the mid 40's. 

We decided to have a relaxing day. Over the past four days we hiked a bit over 20 miles.

In the morning we walked to the boat ramp and to the dam. We checked out a short trail across the road from the dam. It didn't even go .25 of mile. It overlooked the dispersed camping area. While at the dam we saw a lady wake boarding, it looked like she was only wearing a wet suit top. I guess she doesn't mind the cold or the cold water. The air temperature was in the low 50's. Their friend launched his jet ski and the couple suggested he take it to the other side of lake and leave it. He could join them. During the walk we saw people hiking the lake trail, launching their boats, fishing on the banks and paddle boarding.

Paddle boarding

Wake boarding 

By mid-afternoon our campground was full. There are only 16 sites but the overflow camping area still has lots of available sites. The lake was busy all day. People were boating, floating, fishing and soaking up the sun. Their dogs were having a good time at the lake. Even though the campground was full it still was very peaceful. Late in the day we had a couple of small rain showers move by, we only got a few sprinkles.

After dinner Larry and I walked around for a half hour. Then I walked around another hour to get my steps. Larry walked with me for a bit. I ended up doing 19,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.    

Larry finished a book and started another one. He also figured out where we're going next. As I have previously said we travel without plans, up until today we didn't know where we would go next and even now something could happen and we will change our minds. I don't like to make decisions so I'm glad Larry does. He always asks for my input in case I want to go some place special. But he always makes the perfect decision. I'm a happy camper.

I played my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the event, which was Event: Klondike Mini of 5 games. It took me 9 minutes and 7 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. I'm still working on the Super Sudoku puzzle. It's very challenging, I think I get it solved and then I have to start all over. I'm not giving up yet. Loren didn't send us the answers with the puzzles. I'm still having fun.

For dinner we had bacon sandwiches on dinner rolls. 

We had another awesome day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth