Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Tuesday 9-5-23 New State & City of Parma


 

I'm sad

Today will probably be the last day of internet service for about a week. I'll still be writing a blog post everyday but it won't be posted everyday. That means no Solitaire or Mahjong games. That's ok I'll just have to read or play Sudoku.

 

Idaho farm

We had another day of driving. Today Larry drove for 325 miles. 

We woke up around 6:00 and got the Minnie ready to go. Then we had breakfast. We doubled checked everything. We were on the road by 7:00 am. The drive was mainly divided highways. As Larry drove I dozed off now and then. Larry woke me up when he saw anything of interest. We saw farmland, horses, cattle and some windmills. The scenery was rolling plains, mountains and desert. We drove through small cities. The biggest city we drove was Boise Idaho. It was a busy five lane interstate. Once through Boise the traffic slowed done. We arrived at Parma Idaho around 1:00. 

We stopped occasionally to stretch our legs and to have lunch. We stopped at a Chevron to fill the Minnie. Afterwards we went across the street to Love's to have lunch. While having lunch a sport utility parked next to us and two ladies got out. They walked to the trees. I read on their vehicle, that they were an animal rescue group. There was a young black and white cat in the trees. They were about to leave when she came out. They were trying to get her to trust them. They patiently called her to come closer. Larry asked one lady if they took donations. She said they sure do. He also asked her if they were going to rescue the cat. They said they would love to but she may have kittens close by and wanted to develop trust first. The cat did come out and was starting to get closer when we left. Larry gave then $20 dollars for a great cause. It's nice to see people, who do this.

Parma is a very small city in Idaho. We stayed at their city park. It's very nice and well maintained. It cost $25.00 a night or if you're a senior (65 and over) it $22.00. The sites have water and electric and a picnic table.The park itself has a bathroom with showers, if you're not staying you can still use the showers for $5.00. We took a shower, the water was warm but not hot. There is a very nice playground with swings, a covered wagon with two slides, merry-go-round and a ramada with picnic tables. The park had replica of a fort that use to be located here. There was a bell, a couple of statues and a service memorial in front of the fort. 

Camping at Parma City Park

 

Marie Dorian

Bigfoot

Kids playing in the playground

We had a pleasant surprise. Every Tuesdays between 6:00 and 8:00 they have a farmers market. It was more like a small street fair because it had live music with a lady singing, a food court with about six trucks and booths with nick-knacks and food. There was a couple that had vegetables. One had big bell peppers (green, yellow and red) three for a dollar. It was a great price but I didn't have room for any of them. We walked around and looked at what the vendors had. We tipped the singer and bought a small loaf of banana bread with walnuts, a salted caramel brownie and a couple scoops of ice cream (huckleberry and grasshopper). The grasshopper ice cream was really mint chocolate chip. The ice cream was $3.50 a scoop but it was a huge scoop. The ice cream was good. They had a great crowd and the kids played in the playground. At 8:00 everyone packed up and was gone. It was a fun evening.

Farmers Market in the park

Banana Nut Bread and Brownie

Because we're not going to have an internet for a week I took advantage of it. I played three days of catch up on my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I played the event, which was Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 33 minutes and 34 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group. 

By the end of the day I had done 10,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group. I won't be able to sync my steps for the week without internet I won't know where I come in my group but the Garmin still will track my steps. 

We are have a great time camping. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth