Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Friday 9-15-23 Seal Rock Campground

 

Seal Rock Campground

We had a super day. 

We woke up to a beautiful morning with the temperatures in the 50s. I woke up just in time to see Larry lighting the oven for cinnamon rolls. He had been up for an hour already. He had the Wave3 heater on. When the oven was to temperature in went the rolls. Fifteen minutes later we had fresh baked cinnamon rolls.

After breakfast we got the Minnie ready to go to our next destination. We're going to hang around the Olympic Peninsula for at least a week. We have been here for a couple of days already. Today we're moving to the bay area. Once everything was secure we were on the road by 8:00. 

Larry drove 60 miles to Seal Rock Campground in the Olympic National Forest. The drive was very nice and pretty. The road was curvy and went along the coast of the Hood Canal. We saw a lot of trees and residential homes on the bay. 

We arrived at Seal Rock Campground by 9:30. The national forest campgrounds close for the season this Monday, we decided to stay for two nights. There is no hiking so we'll have to walk around the campground to get our exercise and my steps. There are 41 sites in the campground. There are three loops. There's a few sites that look over Hood Canal. We picked the loop just above the Hood Canal. We were early and all the sites by Hood Canal we taken. We setup the Minnie for the weekend and then had lunch. 

After lunch we walked to the pay station. Here it cost $18.00 a night, you can pay via cash or check. It has a campground host and is run by the National Forest. While paying we met the host. He was very friendly and helpful. It cost us $18.00 for the two nights. 

After paying we walked around the campground for about a half hour. When we got back I took an hour and a half nap. When I woke up I setup our chairs. We went outside and enjoyed our site. Larry started a new book. I asked Larry to pick me a book. He was shocked because I haven't read a book on our vacation yet (three weeks). I finished doing the Sumo Sudoku and have just the Super Sudoku puzzle left of Loren's Sudoku puzzles. I still have lots of other Sudoku puzzles but I wanted to read a bit. He chose The Girl In His Shadow by Audrey Blake. It's a novel, that takes place in the 1800s about a girl, who works with two doctors and makes discoveries in the medical field. During this era it's against the law for women to be doctors and get credit for discoveries in certain fields. Larry liked it and so far I like it.

After dinner we walked around for a half hour. We walked the campground and a short nature trail that had signs about the history of Hood Canal. I took pictures. I had a pleasant surprise. I took a picture of rocks and when I viewed the picture. I saw one of the rocks was a seal. Now, I know why this campground is called Seal Rock. Larry went inside the Minnie and I continued walking around. I walked around for another hour and said hi to other campers. I walked around the loops and the boardwalk along the bay. I saw other seals swimming but they were too far away. I ended up doing 13,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group.

Hood Canal 

Rocks in the canal

Seal swimming to the rocks

Boardwalk by Hood Canal


      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth