Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Wednesday 9-21 Idaho Falls - South Tourist Park

Camping at Idaho Falls

We woke up to a little warmer temperature, it was in the upper 40s. Before I went to bed I turned on the heater, which made it very comfortable. When you wake up to temperatures in the 30s and 40s it's cold but once you start moving around you get warmed up.

I made pancakes for breakfast. Then we got the Minnie ready to go. We left around 8:30. Our next destination was Idaho falls. It's was 70 miles down the road. The drive was through a mountain pass and on a two lane highway. Larry has never driven this highway before so it was exciting for us. The drive was very nice we saw a lot of golden fields of freshly cut wheat. The fields were rolling hills and it was pretty to see. We saw a lot of cattle and some of them were calves. I dozed off a few times. It was a relaxing drive.

When we arrived at Idaho Falls we stopped at the local Walmart. Larry wanted to pick up a couple of tools just in case he needed to work on the belts again. I have these cheap lighters to light the stove and oven and they sometimes work and other times you have to click it a few times before it lights. We found a rechargeable electronic lighter, it has a probe that does the lighting. We picked up a few other things while there. 

Before leaving Walmart we filled the Minnie with gas because it was the cheapest gas we have seen at 3.99 a gallon, most places are 4.59 a gallon. 

Idaho Falls has a city park for campers called South Tourist Park. The park was about 5 miles away. We arrived at 12:00. We had no problem finding a site. The sites are dry camping but they have a picnic table and fire ring. There are a few people who look like they have been here a long time even though the signs said 14 days. The restrooms have running water but are very old and have one toilet. You can run your generator anytime except from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. The park is very pretty with a lot of trees and the river flows next to it. 

The Snake River 

After setting up the Minnie we had lunch. Then we relaxed with a book. I walked around the park for a half hour. Then I did some steps in place because it started to sprinkle.

I finished reading A Splendid Ruin: A Novel by Megan Chance. It was a good book. I started reading A Divided Inheritance by Deborah Swift.

After dinner the rain came in for a little while. It was very steady. It stayed around all night and into the morning. I ended up doing 11,138 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group. For the week I have done 65,500 steps, which put me behind by 9,500 steps.  

 

2 comments:

  1. You are really getting around. Many years ago -about 70 - I lived in Idaho Falls. Was not a very big town then. But pretty area. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idaho Falls is a beautiful city and we have really been impressed with it. Today it has a population of around 65000 so still not a large city. We find it is easy to get around and the traffic is not bad. Thanks so much for your comment.

      Delete

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth